[vip_students] Re: converting publisher to word

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 01:47:03 +0100

Hi Seoirse,

When you go into the menus, like the file menu with alt-f, does JAWS speak then? Arrow down to Save As, press enter, and then tab to the Files of Type: combo box, arrow around in there, and choose your desired format. You are also able to import Word files into Microsoft Publisher, via the file menu. Remember, though, that Publisher is a very visual program, so it won't be of much use to you as an operator unless you have useful vision. In a publication file itself, you could try altering the view - alt-v will take you into the view menu, although I don't think any of the choices there help JAWS much.

It is always a good idea to explore the menu bar when in an unfamiliar program, by pressing the alt key or the alt key in conjunction with the 'hot' letters such as f for file; v for view; t for tools; e for edit; w for window; (a for table); h for help, etc. Also, try the F1 help. I don't have any .pub files to experiment with.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Seoirse Neilan" <seoirsen@xxxxxxxxxx>