[vip_students] Re: banking 365

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <VICSIRELAND@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <IRELANDVIPEWS@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 12:00:02 -0000

I have just had a call on my mobile from Colette Culleton at the Bank of
Ireland 365, and she tells me that it will be ‘som day next week’ before access
to the combo boxes will be restored to the site. She could not give a firm
date. I then mentioned, that if this sort of thing happened to the general
seeing community it would be in the national media and there would be uproar.
The call was recorded for training and monitoring purposes. I thanked Colette
for the call and letting me know.

I gave the Web site addresses for Freedom Scientific (JAWS), Window-Eyes, and
NVDA. I recommended that they [developers] have a screen-reader for use to
check their site modifications against, before such modifications went live.

I then did a transaction with the Bank (while she was on). She will let me know
when access to the combo boxes is restored.