[vip_students] Re: Zipped files

  • From: "Joan Ann Brosnan" <kerrygirl18@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 22:22:40 +0100

Hi Robbie
To unzip a file using windows XP, do the following:
1. Find the .zip file on your computer.
2. Once you are on the .zip file, hit the applications key for the context
menu.
3. Arrow down to, extract all ... , and hit enter.
4. This will bring up the extraction wizard that will help you extract the
files. On the first screen, just hit the space bar on the next button.
5. You will be placed in an edit box where you can manually enter the folder
where you want the files extracted. The default folder already entered
for you is a folder by the name of the .zip file, which will be created within
the same folder where the actual .zip file is located.

For example, lets say that your .zip file is called notes.zip and it is located
in My Documents. The default directory will be in a folder called notes,
which will be located in the My Documents folder.

6. Tab to the next button and hit the space bar.
7. The extraction process will start. Once done, just tab to the finish button
and hit the space bar.
8. Your files have been successfully extracted to the folder you wanted!

This was taken from the website
www.jaws-users.com
which has a link called tips and tricks.  It is full of useful information for
jaws users.

Joan Ann.