[vip_students] New here

  • From: "Tina Paulick" <kaosskwien@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 08:46:09 -0000

Hi,
I'm Tina from Germany and I'm an ERASMUS student at NUI Galway. I study
English and this is my second semester here. It took me quite a while to
find Irish mailing lists for visually impaired people in Ireland.
Strangely, all I found are more or less about technology only. I have a
really old key phone  and usually no problems with my computer.
But I'm more interested in getting to know other students and free time
activities such as cultural events and sports.
When I asked in another list, I was told that there are no national
activities for blind people e.g. weekend trips, creative workshops or
community gatherings of some kind.
We have the Galway visually impaired activity club. We do cycles every
second Sunday.
https://www.facebook.com/GalwayVisuallyImpairedActivityClub
I might go to the audio described play The risen People on the 25th in the
Abbey Theatre. Is somebody here planning to go too? They also offer a guided
tour through the theatre.
Sorry. I know that it's off topic.

All the best
Tina