[vicsireland] Re: Linux query

  • From: "Darragh" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:20:11 -0000 (UTC)

Good morning,
> On Jan 11, 2008 3:17 PM, <eoconnor@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Am I right in assuming, that if you're using a Linux-based Personal
>> digital Assistant, (such as the Icon Braille Plus,)  you can't install
>> Windows programs to it?
>>
>> The Icon Braille Plus sounds a very interesting device.
Your right.  you won't be able to run windows apps on it.

Certainly not without doing a lot of messing around.

There are emulators that require extensive configuration to make them work
with windows applications but the resulting applications run in a space
that linux screen readers cant get access to and windows screen readers
won't work in.

Of course, that doesn't mean that it won't be very useful.  Linux has
every kind of application Windows has from word processors, databases,
spread sheets, very powerful email clients and accessible web browsers.

look at www.digitaldarragh.com/linuxat.asp

Darragh