[vicsireland] Re: Face book

  • From: "Brian Dalton" <brian_dalton@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "vics" <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 21:25:19 +0100

Hi Paul,

I'll assume that you've set up an account on Face Book. If not, let me know and
I'll also go through this.

1. You would be better off to use the mobile version of facebook, it is much
more user friendly with jaws.
go to
http://m.facebook.com/home.php?r41d866da&h258d47eb&refid=8

  2. Once this page has loaded. press the letter f.
  3. this will take you into an edit area, where yhyou enter your username,
password etc. You will need to press enter to get into forms mode, which allows
you enter the data, when jaws says
  "email or phone.
  4. enter your username, and tab to the password area, and type in your
password. Then tab to the login button, and hit the space bar to activate it.
  5. You will hear a message, telling you that you will be directed to a secure
area, just tab to ok and hit the space bar to activate it.
  6. You will now be logged into your facebook page.
  7. If you press the letter f again, this brings you to an area called
  "what's on your mind" and again, you can go into forms mode in jaws, and
enter text.
  8. directly above this edit area, you will be notified of any new
notifications, or friend requests. These should be links, which can be accessed
by pressing enter.
  9. If you activate the friend request link, it should tell you how many
friend requests you have, and there should be a confirm button underneath each
one, which can be activated with the space bar. The particular friends will
then be added to your friends list.
  10. You can always press insert f7, to bring up the links list, and hit the
letter h, for home, where you press enter to activate it. this takes you back
to the first page on facebook, that you arrived at, once you entered your
username and password.

  If you need any further info, just shout. Hope that helps.

  Brian.