[vicsireland] Re: Face book

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 12:15:43 +0100

Hi Paul,

You would confirm your friend's request to add him/her to your friends' list. it works with JAWS, but expect delays. You are given a link in the email, i think. Click on it. You already have an account on Facebook, for which you have a username and password. When you click on the given link, you may be asked for your password if saving it is not checked on your computer, so type it in the appropriate edit field.

Now, down the page you may find a Confirm Request button which will apply here, as well as any other Add A Friend links which may be in a list of 'suggestions' of people that Facebook think you might be interested in. (If this confirm Request isn't a button, it's a link.)

You will come across one of those dreaded CAPTCHAs, which you can take your chances with, two words in either image or audio: Or, if you use firefox, you could download and use WebVisum which will render the CAPTCHA image into text for you to paste into the edit box there. Another alternative, that you can use instead and which actually works well, is called 'verify' and involves you giving Facebook your mobile phone number. On receipt of that info they then send you an SMS text, and you then type in the 6-digit code included in that text message. thereafter, you will not in future be bothered by CAPTCHAs when adding friends. I hope that this was of help.

----- Original Message ----- From: <Paul.Griffith@xxxxxx>