[vi-kindle] Re: talk-type keyboard Was: YouTube on fire tablet

  • From: "Carol Smith" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "carollablady" for DMARC)
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2017 18:31:15 -0500

Hey William,

You haven't, by chance, done any type of tutorial for Talk-Type yet, have you? I am having just as much trouble with this as I am with the built-in keyboard. I spent an hour trying to enter my email address yesterday. Of course, this was done with the built-in, Talk-Type, a BlueTooth one I could not get paired and a HIMS U2QWERTY, which I was pretty sure wouldn't work anyway.

One of the problems that I encountered was that it kept trying to get me to use its autocomplete feature that I do not like. I guess I will have to find that cute little plastic connecter you recommended and hook up a USB keyboard.

Carol

On 11/19/2017 5:46 PM, William Brandes wrote:

Hi Ian. It is called the Talktype Voice Keyboard. It is free and found
in the Amazon app store. Here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/Baidu-Research-TalkType-Voice-Keyboard/dp/B01MCZKW49

Stay well ... William

On 11/19/17, Ian Dawson <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi William,
What do I look for in the Kindle App Store to get the talk-type keyboard you
mention in the below email?
When I type "talk" (without the quotes) under Utilities I get 13
possibilities, but not the talk-type keyboard.

Thanks for any help.
Kind regards.