[vi-kindle] Re: books on the kindle

  • From: Timothy Emmons <temmons9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 08:39:00 -0500

I have, You can take the Daisy file and take out the xml file and it opens on
the Kindle just like a regular document. You can hook your kindle up to the Pc,
it serves as a drive, and go into documents under the Kindle drive, from My
computer, and go to where you've downloaded your bookshare book, take out the
Xml file after extracting the daisy file like you would, and it's a simple copy
and paste proceedure. There is also another complicated twist that I sometimes
take but that is the quickest and less exhaustive technique. I get about a day
and a half to two days sometimes a little longer with the Kindle, if I use the
BPP for a while, at the end of the day I'm tied to a plug. I've even found a
way to translate web braille files to regular text and have them read if I so
desire, the only thing I can't get it to do of course is Bard, Lol. Also, my
phone uses the same adapter as the Kindle as do some of our other things, and
when we go on trips my wife has hers I have mine and if we only wanted to take
one adapter to charge we don't have to worry about wires coming out of every
bag and hole. Hope that helps. Take care, talk to you soon.