[vi-kindle] Re: books on the kindle

  • From: <hawthorne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Nan Hawthorne <hawthorne%nanhawthorne.com>)
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 16:16:16 -0700

Gary, you will never look back, believe me. As a novelist I have pretty intense reading needs and also know a lot of authors and want to read their books. When there was no Kindle with text to speech I mostly had to rely on the NLS.. and they did a beautiful but inefficient job. It took usually a year and a half in my experience for a book in a genre i enjoy to get it recorded and distributed. The very day Sharon Kay Penman's Lionheart came out at a book, it came out on Kindle too. That's because though not ideal, text to speech is more efficient, faster.

Then when I was researching all kinds of things for my two latest books I found so much material in text format I could read on the Kindle.. it was phenomenal. Some of it was not even available in print any more but i got it on Kindle. I felt like I went from having to sit with the kids at Thanksgiving to sitting at the grownup table.

I was annoyed at first at my visually impaired friends because they were so critical of the Kindle. all I knew was that it changed my life for the better, much much better.

Nan Hawthorne / Christopher "Kit" Moss

On 8/7/2012 12:29 PM, Gery Gaubert wrote:
Message
I am about 90 percent sure that I will get the kindle. It's probably going to be a done deal when I get a chance to listen to Jane's presentation on accessibleworld.org. Just need the slightest push and I will buy. I have friends that have the nook but it doesn't come close to accessibility like the Kindle. I also have friends that have the kindle so we can share.l

    Gery D. Gaubert

  Assistant, Information Technology Administrator

  St. Charles Parish Sheriff's Office

  office (985) 783-0208

  mobile 504-329-9439

  _ggaubert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx _

  This e-mail and any attachments thereto are intended only for the
  use by the addressee(s) named herein and contain
  propriety/confidential information. If you are not the intended
  recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any
  dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail, and any
  attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received
  this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me by telephone
  (985-783-0208) and permanently delete/destroy the original and any
  copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.

http://www.doteasy.com