[vi-kindle] Re: Question Regarding Speech

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 11:23:22 -0500

I think this is a bug, because ever since I got my Kindle two years ago, speech has stopped periodically while I was reading for no reason. After it came back, it would be much slower than what I set it for. Over time, I have learned not to panic. Here's what you can try. In most cases, all you have to do is power it off... Don't put the Kindle in screen saver mode. Wait a few seconds, and reboot it. Your speech may be slower than you set it for. Don't worry. The setting will be back to normal after you start reading.

At 08:04 PM 10/27/2012, you wrote:
A few times when I've been reading with the Kindle I hit home and somehow I lose my speech. Is there a quick fix for this so I can go in and turn it back on? Both timesit happened I had to have sighted help by going in to settings and making sure voice guide was on. I am a new Kindle user and after a couple of weeks I'm loving it so would like to get this problems solved. Thanks!

Carla

                Sandy Licht
Turn right, then go straight!

        Jeremiah 29:11-14 (Amplified Bible)

11For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.

12Then you will call upon Me, and you will come and pray to Me, and I will hear and heed you.

13Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and require Me [as a vital necessity] and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.(A)

14I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will release you from captivity and gather you from all the nations and all the places to which I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I caused you to be carried away captive.