(VICT) arousal...was: Rally Obedience

  • From: "Diane & Raven" <dlshotwell2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 10:15:08 -0400

I have read that when a dog reaches the level of arousal and stimulation that
they often do with activities such as agility, that it can take as much as 48
hours for the dogs chemical and nervous system to return to the calmer levels.
That this may effect there focus and performance level for the calmer behaviors
and state required for assistance dog work.

Has anyone experienced residual effects of the higher arousal levels shortly
after these activities?

I have been reading a number of articles and studies on the sympathetic and
parasympathetic nerve systems in dogs and behavior.  I find it fascinating and
interesting what applied to assistance dog behavior and teaching.

Any way that is what brought this question to mind...

Best Wishes & Wags,
Diane & Raven
APDT#72225
http://AssistanceDogJournal.net
"My Assistance Dog is not my whole life, but she makes my life whole"
~D.L.Shotwell
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
~Anatole France

All posts are considered copyrighted by the author. You must get
permission from the poster before forwarding.