(VICT) Zair_ guarding..

  • From: Infinitepaws@xxxxxxx
  • To: vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 22:37:43 EDT

II have 4 dogs and am already using a similar method..and he  shares toys and
beds and gives way to the other dogs on other things..  perhaps it is due to
his neglect case .. or perhaps he is just establishing  his place in the
pack.. we will see. Remember, I have almost normal  ( for me) vision indoors in
my
house... Working with and owning, as well as  training deaf dogs to CDX level,
for the last 18 years has given me a  fine understanding of body postures and
language..teaching owners to manage  aggressive dogs refined it .For a good
treat, try training a deaf  aggressive dachshund..grin.He was a real
challenge...After a pro course for 16  months and graduating second in the
class and 16
years of teaching as  well as helping in tracking, schutzhund and search work
... I darn  well better know what I am doing.. I asked this list  for the
opinion on  this affecting his working ability, and in confidence.. Not to be
told
things  like I was a newbie.. Sorry for sounding miffed, but I am. If I
considered  this a serious issue I would have returned him by now. I am aware
of
the  potential for guarding to spread/escalate. Especially since he is a
shepherd  mix. I dont really know why I asked.If it doesn't resolve soon, I
will wash
 him out anyway.. Curious more than anything..I guess. Time out seemed to do
wonders this morning, It is not a technique I use much but worked with  him.

Sandy Foushee
Infinite Paws-Abilities Training and Service  Dogs
Teamed with Alexandra Guide/Service Dog
Colorado Service/Assistance  Dog Club - Trainer.-
_http://journals.aol.com/infinitepaws/zairs-journey/_
(http://journals.aol.com/infinitepaws/zairs-journey/)

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.