(VICT) Rewards Vs. Punishment; was:Our Latest Adventure: Things I am Still Learning

  • From: "Ann Edie" <annedie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 03:44:03 -0400

Hi, Tami and Everyone,

Remember, we are all crossover trainers.  We are all training ourselves to
train our animal partners (and the humans in our lives) in a different, more
positive and effective way.  Just as we strive to positively reinforce the
little steps and efforts our animals make in the direction of our training
objectives, so we must remember to reward ourselves for our own baby steps
in the desired direction.  As the new habits take root and are reinforced by
the great effects they have on our partnerships, our conviction that we are
on the right path grows, and it becomes easier and more comfortable for us
to "trust the process."

Best,
Ann