(VICT) Re: retrie4ve and harness

  • From: "Tamara Smith-Kinney" <tamara.8024@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 07:57:43 -0700

Ridge,

I have the sport harness and just love it.  I've never used a regular
harness on Mitzi, so can't compare, but I do like the way the sport harness
fits around her angular, high-action shoulders.

Sorry I'm no help on the retrieve.  Mitzi does a really good "show me" but
insists I bend over to pick whatever it is up myself.  /smile/  I don't
really need the retrieve from her, so it still remains some she does with
her toys when we're playing and just uses to mees with me when I try to take
a formal approach to developing a working retrieve.  Sigh.

Frankly, I'm saving that set of behaviors until she's more mature and we're
both more settled and healthy and all.  It's become a matter of principle by
now that I will train her to retrieve or be d****ed.  /smile/

Glad to hear you and Clyde are doing well.  Keep up the good work!

Tami Smith-Kinney