(VICT) Re: levity

  • From: Infinitepaws@xxxxxxx
  • To: vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 21:48:35 EDT

You know what? When and if you do decide to do escalators or not.. It is
truly a judgement only you can make.. You are the head of your team.. When Alex

got hurt on the train stairs we avoided them for a while and used the ramp
entrances.. Then one day we did the stairs again.. The ramp is safer because
there isnt the grille on the steps to go up.. I could choose whether to use the

ramp entrance or the steps.. Neither was right or wrong.. Alex was really
scared/hurt by catching her paw in the step grilles, that I, In my ignorance
didn't even know were there! I wasn't sure if she would be ever be ok with them

again.. especially since I couldn't get her to even try them in the weeks
following the accident, then one day I just forgot and we used the stairs..
things were ok..Will I use the stairs or ramp? The ramp is patently safer, but
the stairs are more convenient and she had done them hundreds of times
safely..Either is ok..

Sandy  Foushee
Infinite Paws-Abilities Training and Service Dogs
Teamed with  Alexandra Guide/Service Dog
Adopt a Great Dog, adopt a Great Dane!- Colorado  Great Dane Rescue, Inc