(VICT) Re: Thane's Alert

  • From: "Ann Edie" <annedie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 03:59:28 -0400

Way to go, Thane!

Karyn, I think this kind of short trip with a specific purpose is a great
way to train a young dog.  It allows him to focus for a short period of time
while practicing many of the skills of guiding and mental and emotional
control, without all the variables and distractions and the fatigue factor
of a longer walk.  And since the steps in the process are pretty much the
same from day to day, it gives the opportunity for many repetitions--and
many reinforcements-- and helps pattern the routine.  It's just the thing
for the end of the day.

Good work, and I'm so glad that Thane is coming along so well in his
training!

Best,
Ann