(VICT) Re: Shredding napkins how to stop

  • From: "Diane & Raven" <dlshotwell2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 17:00:21 -0500

I had a friend with a golden that loved to steel tissues out of purses and
napkins too.  it was a therapy dog and would take them out of peoples purse if
you were not very watchful.
I have another person whose dog had the same infinity this a lab.  This person
taught the dog to nudge her every time she found one and would be rewarded and
give the person a chance to react before it was digested! smile... it took a
lot of practice and daily reinforcement but it worked.  Her difficulty was to
find a reward that higher than the tissue and paper addiction....

Best Wishes & Wags,
Diane & Raven
APDT#72225
http://AssistanceDogJournal.net
"My Assistance Dog is not my whole life, but she makes my life
whole"~D.L.Shotwell