(VICT) Re: Shopping etc

  • From: metnme2 <metnme2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Vi-Clicker <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 15:32:12 -0700 (PDT)

While I was in California there was another company I
used for a time until they got too busy and then their
quality went down hill. They eventually went out of
business. They were really good initially- called
Webvan I believe.
I only used Peapod once. I never thought of looking
into them here. It certainly would be helpful when my
mom is too busy to help and I am too sick. I can not
handle doing all my shopping due to my chemical
sensitivities and weather issues
For those in chairs or not getting too much you might
try what I do for getting frozen and fridge stuff
home. I have a bunch of those reusable ice packs that
I use to keep Met cool and freeze them and bring them
with us. Since I am in a power chair I also will
freeze water in 1 liter soda bottles I have saved and
bring those for more cold effects during the summer. I
don't need this to shop at pricey Safeway but I do
when I go to Winco as its about a 20 minute bus ride
plus the wait for the bus. Here its usually either
cool or heatwave during the summer LOL
Anyway thought some of these ideas may help some of
you who need to get some cold stuff home before it
spoils.

Karyn