(VICT) Re; Retrieve: Vomiting Comet

  • From: "Karyn and Thane" <bcpaws4me@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Vi-clicker" <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 14:22:48 -0700

I read this not too long ago on clicker solutions I think it was. It was
really funny to realize we both came to clicker training about the same
time. I had always thought Debi had been doing it forever compared to me
until I read that not too long ago.
I keep dreaming of this happening with Thane and I. I know it will- but not
being able to use such tasty stuff to attract him, I think really is a
hampering aspect to the process. Though his gut is in much better shape from
a food change, its not time to risk all that improvement we have made by
testing the waters.
I think also one of the hardest aspects is that I can't do it down at his
level any more. With Met I began the training down on the floor with him-
that is not possible with Thane. The only thing that puts him at my level
here at home is the waterbed. I do have a booster bath tub for dogs but he
is not comfortable with it yet.
This article though really does make you laugh at how fast Peek proved Debi
so very wrong- gimmick, don't think so.
My folks are still convinced its a gimmick. That is why my dog is well
trained and their toy breed dogs do things to visitors that they would never
allow us to come over if Thane did.

Karyn and Thane