(VICT) Re: Retrieve: Cali

  • From: DArste2@xxxxxxx
  • To: vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 20:27:20 EDT

Christy,
What a great job posting on the retreive. With Cali, targeting is exactly
what we've done.
If you toss a target, Mona can't see where it landed. That's OK because if
Mona will simply put her hand on Cali's rump, say "touch", Cali will take her
it. C/T.
Picking up things is definately on our training plan. But, there's lot's of
other things to do first. So many things to get solid, to get right. So, at the
moment, we;ll be happy with her taking us to things.

One thing I may do on a rainy day is see if I can't get her to target a
facsimile. That means if I show her "keys", can she generalize and find other
"keys". I don't think horses are very good sniffers in general. At least my big
horses aren't. But, if she can see it, she can find it.

I have heard of air sent horses. But, that's with finding lost humans. I'm
not sure about finding lost stuff. We'll see though.

Warmly,
Dolores

Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial
calculators.