(VICT) Re: O_T switching dog food

  • From: metnme2 <metnme2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Vi-Clicker <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 09:13:05 -0700 (PDT)

Shelley

I tend to err on the side of caution and when changing
food I give no less than 2 weeks unless its something
drastically needing change. I usually do it over 3-4
weeks with Met though. My mom tried the 1 week switch
over with her new healthy at the time pups and it
backfired badly because it was just too fast a move
from one food to another. She was trying to go from
Solid Gold to Evangers at the time. She gave up and
got conned into a veterinary formula with my previous
vet.
Anyway I hope it goes well. I have heard great stuff
about Merrick- they just don't have food Met can eat.
Between his allergies and the things that trigger his
epileptic condition I am pretty much stuck. I wish
there was a kibble out there he could eat. I was
pretty irate when Solid gold added natural flavoring
to the food and nearly cost us for it. Its a trend all
of the premium diets are taking and I was so mad. The
only company that does not use it or rosemary and has
a diet that is free of all the common allergens plus
soy, yeast, and the items already mentioned has
something in the herbal aspects of the formula that
actually makes my gentle man turn very temperamental!
One day I hope to have a simple dog LOL
Anyway I hope it goes well getting rid of Science
Diet.

Karyn and Met