(VICT) Re: Hospital and skunks and dog training

  • From: Infinitepaws@xxxxxxx
  • To: vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 18:19:08 EDT

In a message dated 9/25/2007 9:30:29 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
jlcrane@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
What
happened?

Apparently, I have pleuritis and hypokalemia.. Unfortunately the pleuritis
made it hurt to breathe so I was unconsciously holding my breath, it caused a
low oxygen level  and then, in trying to compensate, I ended up
hyperventilating which dropped it so bad to only 82 percent of normal.. all of
the sudden
both hands and arms went numb and my face.. it was horrible..which  scared the
bejeebies out of me..the hypokalemia was found when they did blood  work..it
had nothing to do with the breathing issue and might be  related to a new med
my neuro prescribed for my eye spasms. But it did explain  why my legs hurt so
bad lately.. I'll be fine once the inflammation around my  lung walls goes
away.. and we will monitor the other...Last night I just had to  laugh cause
otherwise I was going to cry..the ER was horrible.. they tried to  say it was
an
anxiety attack and that the hypokalemia was because I was taking  diuretics..
they dont know me very well. My primary care set them straight.. I  was mad
that they even thought that.. Lets see.. other than my pain in the ass  eyes,
not a thing was bothering me.. just another routine day at work.. wasn't  even
in gear to think much yet,, that early in the morning... and they havent  seen
me read the riot act to my boss when he takes diuretics to start a diet..
fooling with your chemistry is NOT a good idea..plus I truly dont believe in
dieting for weight loss.. for health , sure.. but not by taking a darn water
pill! The last diet I ever tried was probably in high school..25 yrs ago!
People
are who they are by what they do, think and believe.. not by how they  look ,
what they weigh or what they are or are not able to do..

Sandy Foushee
Infinite Paws-Abilities Training and Service  Dogs
Teamed with Alexandra Guide/Service Dog
Colorado Service/Assistance  Dog Club - Trainer.-