(VICT) RECALL: Sept 4 2007 Tylenol confirmed in Dog food Canidae and innova

  • From: "Diane & Raven" <dlshotwell2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@freelists.org>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:54:33 -0400

RECALL: Sept 4 2007 Tylenol confirmed in Dog food Canidae and innova
Tuesday, September 4, 2007 Canidae Dry Dog Food tests positive for
Acetaminophen in Private
Test<http://petfoodtracker.blogspot.com/2007/09/canidae-dry-dog-food-tests-positive-for.html>
EDITED: The original dates posted were incorrect, showing July instead of
June. Correct dates are below.

A composite of two different Canidae Dry Dog foods has tested positive for
acetaminophen in tests done by Expertox. The food was sent in by a pet owner
- samples from opened bags were sent to Expertox in ziploc bags. Additional
tests on samples from sealed bags are expected to be done shortly. A copy of
the test results can be found at http://www.petfoodrecallfacts.com/lab.html.

The two foods are:

Canidae All Life Stages Dry Dog Food
RM 6/7/07, use by 6/7/08
http://www.canidae.com/dogs/all_life_stages/dry.html

Canidae (All Life Stages) Lamb and Rice Formula Dry Dog Food
RM 6/6/07, use by 6/6/08
http://www.canidae.com/dogs/lamb-and-rice/dry.html

Both bags were purchased in early July, 2007. It is not known at this time
whether one or both of these foods contain acetaminophen.

A total of 6 NON-recalled pet foods that we know about have tested positive
for acetaminophen in tests done by Expertox, they include:

- Innova Dry Dog Food
- Hills Science Diet Light Adult Dry Cat Food
- Hills Science Diet Sensitive Stomach Dry Cat Food
- Pet Pride Turkey & Giblets Canned Cat Food

You can get more information on these results at
http://www.petfoodrecallfacts.com/lab.html
NEW LAB REPORT ADDED SEPTEMBER 4, 2007
------------------------------

A pet food sample believed to be a composite of Canidae All Life Stages Dry
Dog Food - best by date RM 6/7/07, use by 6/7/08, and Canidae (All Life
Stages) Lamb and Rice Formula Dry Dog Food - best by date RM 6/6/07, use by
6/6/08 tests positive <http://www.petfoodrecallfacts.com/canidae.jpg> for
acetaminophen. A big thank you to everyone who has been willing to come
forward to help make test results available to others. I don't think there
is any way to express how critical this infomation may be in getting down to
the root causes of the poison pet food epidemic. It is my understanding this
food was purchased within the last month and has never been recalled.

------------------------------
LAB REPORT ON ACETAMIONPHEN AND CYANURIC ACID
------------------------------

July 2, 2007: As it was mentioned in the LA Times article, I'm adding
the Bodycote
test results <http://www.petfoodrecallfacts.com/bodycote.jpg> I ordered in
March. No sodium nitrate, sodium nitrite, ethoxyquin, mercury or cadmium
were detected. Phosphorus was detected at 294mg/100g. Chromium was detected
at 2mcg/100g. Aflatoxin was less than 20 parts per billion. From what I can
tell, the last three are within acceptable limits. As most labs don't have
the unknown toxin scan capabilities of ExperTox, it was necessary to make up
a short list of substances to check for, out of the tests that were
available.

ExperTox <http://www.expertox.com/>, a fully accredited lab, confirmed the
presence of acetamionphen in Pet Pride "Turkey and Giblets Dinner" lot
number APR 24 09 at .2 ug. per
gram<http://www.petfoodrecallfacts.com/acetaminophen.pdf>.
In a 5.5 ounce can of cat food, or 154 grams, Chuckles received at least a
30 microgram dose of acetaminophen, courtesy of the pet murdering criminals
at Menu Foods, with each can of food until she became too sick to eat.

In Pet Pride "Mixed Grill" lot lot number SEP07 09, Expertox found cyanuric
acid at 90.72 ug. per gram <http://www.petfoodrecallfacts.com/cyanuric.pdf>.
This works out to 14 milligrams of cyanuric acid per can of food. In a phone
conversation, UC Davis claimed to be unable to identify cyanuric acid in
cans of pet food from this lot. As of June 18, 2007, I have not received a
hard copy of the UC Davis results. Both
acetaminophen<http://ptcl.chem.ox.ac.uk/MSDS/AC/4-acetamidophenol.html>and
cyanuric
acid <http://ptcl.chem.ox.ac.uk/MSDS/CY/cyanuric_acid.html> are nearly
insoluble in water, which could potentially affect the distribution of the
substances throughout a given lot. In other words, instead of an even
distribution, the substances would tend to form concentrated clumps, like
lumps in gravy.

- Another non-recalled Dry Dog Food also tested positive for
Acetaminophen, that company has NOT gone public with this information. (An
earlier post on that is
here<http://petfoodtracker.blogspot.com/2007/06/acetominophen-update-in-at-least-6.html>
)

You can see a summary list of all NON-Recalled foods that we know about that
have tested positive for contaminants
HERE<http://playingbig.com/uploads/Positive%20Test%20Results%20Unrecalled%20food%209-4%207pm.pdf>.
(This file has been added to the Download section at the top of this blog)

Posted by Kim at 6:08
PM<http://petfoodtracker.blogspot.com/2007/09/canidae-dry-dog-food-tests-positive-for.html>

<http://www.blogger.com/email-post.g?blogID=939071900570762444&postID=5752760630826856362>

<http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=939071900570762444&postID=5752760630826856362>

Labels:
Acetaminophen<http://petfoodtracker.blogspot.com/search/label/Acetaminophen>,
Canidae <http://petfoodtracker.blogspot.com/search/label/Canidae>, Expertox
test
results<http://petfoodtracker.blogspot.com/search/label/Expertox%20test%20results>,
Pet Food
Recall<http://petfoodtracker.blogspot.com/search/label/Pet%20Food%20Recall>

http://petfoodtracker.blogspot.com/2007/09/canidae-dry-dog-food-tests-positive-for.html

Best Wishes & Wags,
Diane & Raven
APDT#72225
http://AssistanceDogJournal.net
"My Assistance Dog is not my whole life, but she makes my life whole"
~D.L.Shotwell
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
~Anatole France

All posts are considered copyrighted by the author. You must get
permission from the poster before forwarding.