(VICT) Need you guys opinion

  • From: Infinitepaws@xxxxxxx
  • To: vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 11:42:46 EDT

We are still having a little bit of trouble with food guarding with the other
 dogs. He is fine with me taking food but we will need to determine if that
will  interfere with him when he is working in the field. Drafting friends this
 weekend to test.. See what happens when you are friends with a trainer.. you
get  drafted into all kinds of training..Ocassionally I wish I had a
apprentice to  help and teach all this stuff to. My friends are starting to
become
pretty darn  good trainers, yet they will never use that knowledge outside
their
own dogs..  sigh..
Right now Zair's biggest issues are the food guarding with the other dogs,
loose leash walking, mild sound sensitivity( which could end up being a plus if
 it stays at the level it is now, since he is very aware of traffic) and
needing  some more socializing to men approaching. My nephews are coming Sat so
will  draft them for a few minutes.
Do you think food guarding from other dogs will interfere with working? He
doesn't injure the other dogs just growls and snarks.. no contact, just noise
and spit..he has shown no signs of guarding me either.

Sandy Foushee
Infinite Paws-Abilities Training and Service  Dogs
Teamed with Alexandra Guide/Service Dog
Colorado Service/Assistance  Dog Club - Trainer.-
_http://journals.aol.com/infinitepaws/zairs-journey/_
(http://journals.aol.com/infinitepaws/zairs-journey/)

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.