[vi-android] Re: Urgent! My phone has been unstable since updating to Kitkat 4.4.2

  • From: norman <norman.list@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 18:47:13 -0400

Rooting and installing a different rom would do it.
However, that's a rather drastic step, try a reset first.
HTH.

On 10/5/2014 5:53 PM, Quentin wrote:
Hi Ayoola,

Unfortunately I don't have a solution, but a very similar experience, my galaxy note 2 has been slow and frequenty reboots since u did the update to 4.4.2 on the weekend.

I liked around and it seems to be a common problem with this update though nothing seems to have been done to fix it.

I was wondering if rooting the phone and installing cyanogenmod or something would work?

Regards

Quentin

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On 6 October 2014 6:51:36 AM Ayoola Stephen Efunkoya <ayokoya2009@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello list,

My Galaxy Grand 2 (SG 7582) phone has been unstable since it did a
software update to Kitkat 4.4.2 from 4.3 this afternoon.

Ever since the update, the phone reboots about every five minutes
after it comes on. Also, the phone hangs shortly after coming on. Even
worse is that talkback takes a very long time before it gives any
spoken feedback. And eventually when it does speak, it stops abruptly
as I move my finger around the screen or swipe.

I followed every instruction during the update i.e., did not use the
phone at all (talkback wasn't even talking so it was impossible to use
the phone during the update), plugged the phone to electricity source,
and let it reboot by itself.

What I have noticed so far with a sighted's assistance is that the
"check for update"  feature in the about-phone setting is not
clickable. Furthermore, the about-phone setting isn't displaying the
android version.

With this scenario, I'm likely to be without any phone until Wednesday
when offices will reopen after the holiday. We are on a two-day public
holiday here in Nigeria in celebration of the Muslim holiday.

But before I get to the Samsung office here, please do you have any
experience like this or ideas on what could be wrong?

Thank you very much.

Ayoola Stephen Efunkoya

Communications Professional, Broadcast journalist and Accessible Technology
Enthusiast/Trainer

MOBILE: +234-802-944-9441; +234-809-964-9514

e-Mail: ayokoya2009@xxxxxxxxx

SKYPE: ayoola.stephen.efunkoya

Check out my profile and connect with me:

 Ayoola Stephen Efunkoya on LinkedIn <http://ng.linkedin.com/in/ayokoya>

AyoKoya on Twitter <http://twitter.com/ayokoya>

Ayoola Stephen Efunkoya on Facebook <http://facebook.com/ayokoya>

To receive the list as a digest, send an email to vi-android-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'set vi-android digest' in the subject (to go back to receiving every message use 'unset vi-android digest' in the subject).