[vi-android] Re: Urgent! My phone has been unstable since updating to Kitkat 4.4.2

  • From: Quentin Christensen <quentin.christensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 09:32:28 +1100

Hi Glenn,

On Samsung, it's under Settings, Accounts, "Backup and reset" and
there are options to backup your account and factory data reset.

Note that doing a factory reset destroys all data you have put on your
phone, it is like you have just unboxed it again HOWEVER it keeps the
latest version of Android, ie 4.4.2 in my case, which can mean that if
the problem was with that version of Android, it may not fix it (as
people are reporting with the 4.4.2 Samsung update).  Sometimes with
updates, the problem can be with installed apps not coping with the
upgrade, but doing a factory reset and reinstalling those apps may fix
the problem.

Also, does anyone know what exactly gets backed up when you do that?
My understanding was it wasn't very much and you would need to
reinstall all your apps and all their settings and all your own data
(photos etc).

So remember all the data you have in all your apps before you wipe it!

Regards

Quentin.