[vi-android] Re: Nearby Explorer review

  • From: "Dialup @ 56k" <dialup56k@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 18:29:16 +1100

If I read your message correctly G Melconia, are you suggesting that a Samsung device is more accessible than a Nexus phone? IMO, it is the reverse with the Nexus devices running a vanilla / pure version of Android, and in the case of the Nexus 6, a vanilla version of Android 5 / Lollipop. Historically, every new version of Android comes with improved accessibility and there's no reason to think that 5 will be any different.

Glen

***
On 29-Oct-14 6:14 PM, G Melconian wrote:
I'll let someone else enjoy the new nexus .sorry google improve with
Samsung type accessibility the nexus device in a year or two.

On October 28, 2014 11:43:09 PM "Dialup @ 56k" <dialup56k@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

 > Well Quentin
 > The Nexus 6 should be available by this time tomorrow !!!
 > Now that's got you thinking.
 > Glen
 >
 > ***
 > On 29-Oct-14 5:06 PM, Quentin Christensen wrote:
 > > Thanks Gary for the birthday wishes! No problem with you not
knowing, we
 > > don't keep a birthday register *grin*.
 > >
 > > Enjoy your S5, I've almost convinced my wife to jump ship and replace
 > > her iPhone 4 with an S5, just need to go shopping now!
 > >
 > > Regards
 > >
 > > Quentin.
 > >

 > > On 29/10/2014 6:36 AM, gary melconian wrote:
 > >> Good belated birthday. I did nnot know since I am new here. So I also
 > >> have a birthday coming up next month. I was planning on getting the
 > >> nexus 6 for my birthday next month but after second thought and
 > >> playing with the note 4 I don’t need anything that big . I will just
 > >> patiently wait for samsung to have a galaxy s6  which will have all
 > >> the features in the nexus with all the accessibility features that
 > >> Samsung has worked on in the past  year. I do have a S5 on the way
 > >> coming this week. I will be training a bunch of people on anndroid so
 > >> I will mention this list serve to them as well. I will have about 25
 > >> to 50 people in my blind circles jumping ship from apple to Android as
 > >> they don’t like the direction that apple is going in as far as
 > >> accessibility goes.

Christensen
 > >> Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 1:40 AM
 > >> To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 > >> Subject: [vi-android] Re: Nearby Explorer review
 > >>
 > >> Well don't mistakes breed wisdom, or something?
 > >>
 > >> If so, I am very adept at making mistakes, so I must be quite wise by
 > >> now I figure!

Antivirus