[vi-android] Re: Kies for upgrading

  • From: Quentin Christensen <quentin.christensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2014 23:31:12 +1000

Now I think about it (after writing my last reply to your other post on this), updates do go via carriers and countries - eg if you look at the other information on the about screen, those other numbers, while looking like random letters, actually tell you what variant of the S3 the phone is - it's probably no different to most other S3s, but because (theoretically) of trade agreements and whatever else, different countries get different upgrades at different times. Usually there is no actual hardware or network limitation, it's just what happens and usually the only way around it is either to wait, or to root the phone and install a more up to date version manually (which I think the general consensus was, is hard or impossible to do without sighted assistance).

Regards

Quentin.

On 4/10/2014 10:16 AM, Glenn wrote:
Hi,
One of my S3 phones is running 4.3, and it looks like the previous owner
used Kies to do it.
Has anyone ever used Kies before?
I'm hoping it's screenreader friendly.
The phone that says it cannot upgrade, the update is not currently
available, please try later, is running Verizon software on it.
Any help appreciated.
Glenn

.

---