[va-richmond-general] Re: use of the listserv

  • From: Deannamail@xxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 09:48:46 EDT

Michael, you make some good points!  I do try on the subject headers.
Haven't the Audobon Society in general and the Richmond Audobon Society in
particular always participated in pro-environmental activism?  Isn't that
activity one of the missions of the Society?  Seems to me there have been
countless
times in the past when the listserv has been used to discuss the impact of
human behavior on birds and the environment, and no one has objected before.

I may be off-base in seeing a direct link between the thoughtless activities
of my immediate neighbors and the loss of whippoorwills, but if so, I'd rather
hear reasons why I'm wrong than attacks on the observation.  That's why I'm
asking to find out where, in our general area, whippoorwills are still
thriving.

Deanna