[va-richmond-general] my yard & Pony Pasture GBBC

  • From: tyler turpin <tylerturpin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 19:33:23 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

After doing my backyard and covering the common area and edge of woods behind
my townhouse and the adjoining two rows of townhouses for the GBBC , I  took my
cat for her usual 4:30 to early 5 :00 P.M. ish  leashed walk and flushed the
Golden Crowned Kinglet pair that has been living in the bushes and trees  and
vines in the evenings  since late October so I was able to add them to my count
data as I had not recorded it yet. The only time I ever see the Kinglet pair is
when I take my cat for her evening leashed walk and we walk by the 10 foot long
area of small trees and a downed tree covered with vines . My townhouse backs
up to a thickly wooded creek corridor 3/4 of a mile wide and about 3 miles long
. I recorded  my data when we came in from the walk. After I entered my data
and looked at the Richmond data , I noticed that none of the famous visiting
the James River in Richmond  for the winter from the far north lands Bufflehead
had not been recorded.
So I made a quick birding from the car trip to Pony Pasture  At the police and
night fisherman parking spot just above Pony Pasture , I parked and stepped out
of my car and scanned the muddy, slightly high , brown waters of the river at
5:30 to 5:45 P.M .   There were 4 Bufflehead in the middle of the river and a
group of 15 in an  area of calm water on the North bank of the River.

Sincerely,

Tyler Turpin

Totals for Pony Pasture  were

19 Bufflehead