[va-richmond-general] Re: Yellow-billed cuckoo, Bryan Park

  • From: debra gibson <debdkayaker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: WEalding@xxxxxxx, jjfdc1@xxxxxxxxxxx, va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:48:40 -0700 (PDT)

I am working in a very old building in Richmond now
not too far from the Showplace and today I was called
outside because a teacher reported to me that there
was a bird on the front porch that had flown  into a
window on our 2nd or 3rd floor. To my amazement, it
was a yellow-billed cuckoo. I had not seen one in
years. My last was up in Ashland and before that it
was on a trip to the southwest area of the state.
He/she sat there a while and later flew away.