[va-richmond-general] Re: Heron Rookery Problem

  • From: <flyingfish1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: thebuttons@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Audubon Richmond" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 00:18:21 -0500 (EST)

Birds, alive and dead, and their feathers, other parts and nests are protected
by
Federal law and may not be legally collected without the appropriate permits.
(Some exceptions are pigeons, house sparrows, starlings, domestic birds, and
legally hunted species). I'm guessing you saw the bones and they were in fact
from the birds? That's about all I know - maybe someone else can help about
any monitoring of the site?

thanks!
Kim Harrell
RAS Member