[va-richmond-general] Fwd: Barn Owl

  • From: Ruth Robin <robin.ruth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 14:46:57 -0500

Would anyone have any thoughts on this question sent to the RAS website?
Robin

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Tickle Bellies" <colleen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: February 5, 2007 9:19:23 AM EST
To: <robin.ruth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Barn Owl

Hi - I live in Moseley VA (right next to Midlothian) and I believe we heard a Barn Owl last night screeching. I am not aware of any barns or vacant structures around here that would house a Barn Owl. Would they ever make a nest in a tree? I have the Stokes Birding Sounds CD for the Eastern US and we know we definitely heard the Barn Owl. It was very loud. We do have a Barred Owl couple in the woods but this was the first time we have heard the Barn Owl. Has anyone else reported having a Barn Owl in this area? We live in the Fox Fire neighborhood.

Thanks for the help!
Colleen