[va-richmond-general] Re: Birding at Augusta Spring Wetlands with Wild Virginia

  • From: WEalding@xxxxxxx
  • To: Deannamail@xxxxxxx, va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 09:13:43 EDT

I highly recommend this trip.  The location  is great and David Hannah is an
excellent leader.

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend because  I'm committed to the VSO
state park foray.

Wendy Ealding
Powhatan County

From the Virginia Conservation Network  newsletter. Wild Virginia is based in
Charlottesville.

Birding at Augusta Springs  Wetlands with Wild Virginia
Date:
June 9, 2007
Join us as we look and listen  for birds and other interesting things at this
birding “hot spot” in the George  Washington National Forest.  Whether a
veteran or beginning birder, all are  welcome on this very easy hike following
the 2/3 mile loop trail & boardwalk  through the wetlands area.  Bring
binoculars if you have them, as well as  water and lunch.
Carpool from Charlottesville:
Meet at 7:15am at Java Java, 2214  Ivy Road (by Sneak Reviews Video).  Or,
you can meet the group at the  Augusta Springs Wetlands parking area at 8:30am.

Directions:
From Staunton, take State Route 254  (Parkersburg Turnpike) west 8 miles to
Buffalo Gap, VA where 254 becomes State  Route 42 (Little Calfpasture Highway).
Continue on Route 42 for approximately 7  miles to the parking area for
Augusta Springs Wetlands, located on the right  side of the road.
For More Information Contact: David Hannah at 434-971-1553  or 434-244-2878
or _dhannah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx _ (mailto:dhannah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

See  what's free at http://www.aol.com.

GIF image