[ussgeorgetown] Marines at Work

  • From: "N'Ellie Coyne" <nelliecoyne@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ussgeorgetown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 00:24:22 -0400

"Marine's At Work"
Georgetown and Tempest Marines.

*Takes place before the Tempest goes through th wormhole..

The call from one of his patrols made Eddie jump to his feet. The lizard people
were at the gates. "McLaughlin lets move!" He called out to the woman on the
other side of the room. Then he tapped his comm. badge. He barked out orders to
his other men while grabbing his phaser rife and heading for the door.

"Yessir," Niamh said as she followed his lead, her own rifle in hand. "Are we
enough, sir?"

The keepers held back, watching the G'Tal disembark from their ship to the
station and head for the docked ship. Tam smiled grimly. He would have his
property returned. And then he would have it destroyed. As an example to the
others.

"If we're not I know who to call for help." Eddie answered as they ran towards
the docking ring.

"Who, sir?"

Taking up their position by the hatch, Eddie pointed his phaser at the opening.
"We've got dis sister ship. Dat new one waitin' to through da whole. We need
help we call dem."

Keeper Saul waited until the others were out of earshot before signaling the
Georgetown. He needed to let them know to find the boy. The boy had all they
needed to stop this, if he could just get it to Hale before they got aboard. He
couldn't let the others know, though. Tam and Lee were without mercy. They
would see him and his family as well destroyed for his betrayal were it ever
known. ~it is a dangerous game you play, Saul.~ he told himself.

Running as fast as she could to keep up, Niamh tried to think about the
Tempest. Nah, she didn't know anyone on there.

Eddie could see the small group coming towards them. "Dey look like walkin'
gators! Stand by, y'alls!"

Celine grabbed her belongings as she disembarked from the transport, and headed
back toward Tempest, the ship to which she'd been newly assigned, noting the
odd activity around one of the other ships docked. Had they been invaded? She
shook hear head and proceeded toward Tempest, wondering who she should ask, or
if she should even bother, once she got there.

Pulling herself up to her full height, Niamh used her fiery hair and bright
eyes to look as impressive as she could, backing her commander up.

The G'Tal moved forward, armed with phase disrupter rifles and bejeweled
staffs, and mindlessly determined to get aboard.
"Don't let dem get past us." Eddie ordered. "Use what ever force is needed."

T'Leara responded to the reports coming in. "T'Leara to Marine commander.
Hostilities noted. Shall I send ship security forces to assist?"

Eddie smacked his comm badge. "You keep your people watchin' over de targets,
Femme, Eddie and his men take care of the rough stuff."

"Yessir," Niamh barked with the rest of the unit. Imagining that the lizards
had called her a jarhead or some such, she felt the familiar anger build. Fury,
red as fire, consumed her. They won't get past me, she thought.

For all his coloquialisms, T'Leara found herself possessed of a grudging
respect for the marine commander. His meaning clear, and his intentions
logical, she responded, "Understood, commander. T'Leara out."

"Dis not gonna be easy." Eddie mused aloud. Looking over at his radio man she
ordered, "Call de Tempest and get us back up. Have dem come from de rear. We'll
trap de gators and make de Captain a pair of good ol' boy boots of of dere
hides."

The G'Tal saw them at last and lunged, firing phase rifles and fighting hand to
hand. Marines dissolved around them in sparking showers of screaming agony as
their atoms were isolated and destroyed.

The occasional G'Tal caught in the crossfire seemed to concern no-one. And from
the center of the lizard-like mass stood three tall creatures, in long flowing
robes, each carrying a deadly looking jeweled staff.

"Take out the ones in the middle!" Eddie ordered as he shot at the lizards.

The G'Tal seemed to close ranks around the three defending them with all their
might, destroying any who got anywhere even close.

Vevay marched into the squadroom, glaring round at the few marines in there.
Turning to one of the seated Lieutenants, she barked, "Get all of Alpha Company
together, we need to move, now!"

Celine reported in to Alpha company and groaned when she saw who her commander
was. Even so, she stood at prepared to fight, having seen what their sister
ship faced on the way in. Personal issues would wait.

Soliel jumped to her feet. "Yesma'am!" She replied as she rushed over and
pressed the button that would alert her company to move out.

T'Leara received the incoming message from an unknown source aboard the
station, her brow raising slowly. "Captain Hale," she called calmly. "I believe
you may want to see this."

"Okay, people, we just got a call from our sister ship, we need to back up the
Marines there. Get armed and let's move out." Grabbing a rifle and checking the
knife at her belt, Vevay marched out, expecting her people to follow.

Soliel grabbed her gear and was quick to follow her CO out the door.

As they bounded out onto the Docking Ring, Vevay saw the mass of fighting at
the GT's airlock. Pulling her people back, she indicated that three groups
should form, one right, one left and one center. Vevay took point, aiming her
rifle and taking down the first lizard she saw.

Eddie aimed at one of the men in the middle and fired. He's noticed the
Tempest's marines approaching and was never more glad to see another group of
marines in his life.

"Whoa! Those things are ugly!" Soliel said as she took aim and began to fire.

Celine followed, armed and ready to kick ass and take names, as any other good
Marine would. The three in the center, noting they were surrounded, seemed to
smile. The one furthest to the left in green grobes, touched the jewels on his
staff in sequence, then stepped back as they were enveloped in a shimmering
field even as the G'Tal all seemed to fire at once.

"Keep behind me, people, follow my lead." Vevay approached the lizards more
cautiously, still firing and praying that no one got hit as she saw another of
the GT people go down.

"What de hell is dat?!" Eddie yelled when she saw the shimmer.

"Captain," Soliel called carefully. "They just put up some kind of shield."

"I saw that," Vevay said through gritted teeth. "Great, fucking brilliant, the
bad guys have better toys than us, isn't it always the way?" To her people, she
shouted, "Keep picking at the lizards, I'll think of something."

The keeper who'd initiated the shimmer smiled as the phaser fire bounded off of
it to take down those around them, whether G'Tal or Marine.

Slipping the knife from her belt Soliel engaged the lizard's hand to hand. They
were bigger, stronger, but clumsy on their feet. She smiled as her blade cut
through their hard scales. "Enjoy it you beast!"
"I said to keep back! What part of keep behind me didn't you fucking
understand?" Vevay took down the lizard that was about to strike out at Soliel
and glared. "Jesus fucking Christ, does no one listen to me anymore?" Dragging
her own knife out, she started hack and slashing at the hides of the lizards.
"Well, if you're all intent on getting yourselves killed, let's get on with it,
shall we?" she said as she finally brought one down with a satisfying thump.

The G'Tal seemed to move of one accord suddenly, as if directed from without.
Split into three groups, two of which attacked viciously and without mercy. The
third, though it did put up a fight, seemed far less interested in destroying
the Marines than in making it appear they were trying to do so.

A surge of disappointment washed through Soliel, an emotion she'd only known
with one other person, and it startled her. She'd angered her CO, she'd done
that before, but why with this did it feel as if she'd let down someone else?
As if this woman were Ronni. Quickly channeling her emotions into fury, she
fired at the lizards over and over without stopping.

A contingent of G'Tal turned together and aimed at the one firing nonstop as
she approached, aiming their phase disruptors as one and prepared to fire.

"No!" Vevay stepped up beside Soliel, adding her firing to hers, using her free
hand to drag the woman back. "Don't you fucking dare, I don't lose people
without even leaving the station, okay?" she screamed at the lizards. "So just
fuck the hell off!" she said as she pulled Soliel behind and called her man
back to regroup.

Soliel was pissed. Those things were going to kill her! But her recklessness,
her giving in to the desire to make them weak, was surely going to cost her.
"What are your orders, Captain?"

Eddie watched as both companies made small dents in the mass of lizard flesh,
but at least they had yet to get on the ship. "Drive them back!"

"To not die," Vevay muttered, her green eyes hard. Hearing the call from the
other company captain, Vevay spread her men out to either side of the corridor,
giving the lizards a tunnel to flow down. Hitting her badge, she said, "What
more do you need from us, Captain?"

Admiral Taggert and a group of large, heavily armed security men approached
them, shouting. "Cease fire...cease fire..." Addressing those in the center, he
shouted, "Tam, tell them to put their weapons down. Do it now..." He shoved one
of the young child translators ahead of his who repeated his direction quickly.
The G'Tal froze, lowering their weapons. The Keeper in green roared. "Marines,
hold your fire, but keep your weapons trained. Just in case," Taggert
instructed.
Eddie gave his men the handle single to do as the Admiral ordered and then
waited to see what was going on.

Vevay nodded curtly, raising her rifle again, expecting her people to follow
suit. She stood silently as did her men and waited.

"The property you came to retrieve has been identified at last. Both are now
considered federation citizens, mistakenly placed in your custody," Tag waited
while the child translated then continued. "We are prepared to offer
restitution for your losses, but cannot and will not return them to you. We ask
that you stand down now and allow us to negotiate their worth." The keeper
roared again. For a moment it seemed uncertain whether or not they would
comply. At last the Keeper on the other end, in grey robes, waved the G'Tal
back. All holstered their weapons and stepped away from the Marines they'd been
battling only moments before.

Eddie watched the lizards retreat and then looked down at his fallen men. "Get
dem to sick bay!"

"Give them space, people," Vevay called as she made motions to get her men to
line the walls and free up the exit.

Walking up to Vevay, Eddie smiled at her. "Dank for de help, Femme."

With a curt nod, Vevay smiled. "You're welcome. How many losses?"

Taggert moved toward the Keepers, his guards flanking on all sides, to begin
the arduous task of negotiating the end of this mess, as agreed. With a smirk,
he turned back to the marines. "Which contingent comes from the George?" he
called back.

"One is to many and we had more den one." Eddie answered Vevay before looking
at the Admiral. "I'm de CO for de George."

"Good man," Taggert smiled. "Please let your commander know I'll be boarding
shortly to debriefing, and to ...tie up any loose ends...in all of this."

Eddie nodded. "Oui Sir." Then he looked at Vevay. "We couldn't have held dem of
wid out the Tempest company, Sir."

"I'll make sure that the commendations reflect that, then." Tag smiled. "See to
it her commander is present for debriefing as well, then, if you would."

"Oui Sir." Eddie wouldn't mind doing that at all. The Tempest had it's self a
rather cute little Captain. Not to mention their Marines..

"Sir." Vevay snapped off a salute before stepping back. Moving to the back, she
watched as the GT's marines and the contingent of Admirals and whatnot milled
about.

Leaning over to Eddie, she said, "What was this all about?"

Taggert nodded his appreciation, then gestured for the Keepers to head out of
the bay, his own men flanking theirs all the way out the exit.

"The darkside of the Federation, Femme, dey a lot stronger de we dink." Eddie
told her.

"Oh, trust me, I have had dealings with some of the seedier parts of this
world. And call me either Captain Harak or Vevay, please?" she said, slightly
pained by the pet name.

"Alright Vevay, as long as you call me Eddie." He gave her his best smile as he
waved over McLaughlin. "Whys don't you and yours join me and mines for drinks.
Less you wanna deals with that youngin of your first, but then bring her
along."

"The Lieutenant and I will be having a long and detailed discussion later, I
think. For now, my men are free to do as they please. Personally, I don't
drink." Vevay turned to give Soliel a deep look that spoke volumes about the
discussion they would be having and offered Eddie a small smile. "But thank you
for offering, perhaps another time."

The look was one that was all to familiar to the sometimes reckless girl. She
had a bad habit of acting on impulse. Lowering her eyes quickly, Soliel found
herself wishing it had been Ronni she'd angered. At least then she's know what
to expect. "I'll hold your to dat, Vevay." Eddie winked at her and then turned
to the others. "Nice work, drinks on me tonight for all dose whos comes to our
ship's barricks!"