[ussgeorgetown] From cradle to grave

  • From: "N'Ellie Coyne" <nelliecoyne@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ussgeorgetown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 12:43:40 -0400

"From Cradle to Grave"

Vivie and Tawny Lazzara

After leaving her quarters, Vivie walked around the ship for awhile. She knew
where she wanted to go, but she also knew that going there in the mood she was
in wasn't a good idea. She needed to be calm and clear headed. The more Vivie
thought about the fight she'd had with Alex, the more she understood what Alex
was trying to do. Alex was trying to offer up a way for her to have both T and
herself in her life. She only wished that Alex would see her points as well.
All families had their troubles but none of them ever got resolved if people
ignored them or just walked away from them.

After making her second lap around deck fifteen, Vivie finally headed to where
she needed to be.

There was soft thumping music coming from Tawny's cabin and when Vivie rang the
chime there was no answer. It was obvious that if the chime couldn't be heard
then her comm wouldn't be either, so Vivie overrode the lock and stepped right
into the middle of what looked like a basement party. There were teens and
cadets all over the couch, chairs, and other surfaces making out, groping, and
doing heaven's only knew what else.

"Computer," Vivie shouted over the music. "end music!"

The cabin went silent until several people started to stir and moan.

"What happened to the music?" One kid asked.

"Who's the dumb fuck that shut it off?" A cadet in blue asked.

Vivie walked to the center of the room, glad as hell she was still in uniform.
"I did Cadet. Do you have a problem with that?"

As soon as the cadet saw the uniform and pips he got off of Vivie's sister as
quickly as he could. "No Ma'am."

"Good. Now everyone get the hell out and back to your own cabins before I hull
all of you down to the brig."

Vivie had never seen so many kids move so quickly before. Reaching out, Vivie
grabbed a hold of Tawny's shirt and held on until the cabin was nearly empty.
Looking over at Tawny's roommates she asked, "Would you mind giving me and
Tawny a little while?"

The girls all shook their heads and then dashed out of the room. Once they were
gone Vivie all but threw Tawny towards the couch.

"Viv!" Tawny yelled. "What the hell do you think your doing? You can't just
come in here like that..."

Vivie held up her hand in a gesture much like their Mum's that meant to shut
the hell up. "I'm not here about your little party, Tawny."

"Then why.."

Vivie gave Tawny a look that shut the other girl up real quick. "Shut up Tawny.
It's my turn to talk and your gonna goddamn well listen, so sit the hell down,
shut the fuck up, and pay close attention."

Tawny sat on the couch and just looked up at her sister. Vivie had never pulled
a 'Mum' on her before.

"Tawny I'm tired." Vivie started with a slightly lower voice. "I'm tired of
being stuck in the middle of this bullshit you got going on with Alex." Tawny
opened her mouth to say something but Vivie glared at her. "I said to shut up
and listen!" When her sister closed her mouth, Vivie went on. "It has to stop,
Tawny. It's going to stop. Your gonna get over whatever bug crawled up your ass
about Alex and your going to start treating her with a lot more respect."

"You can't tell me who to respect or who to like, Vivie." Tawny said quickly.

Vivie sighed. "Give me one reason why you dislike her so much? Tell me one
thing she's ever done to you?"

Tawny opened her mouth but closed it again. She crunched her brow in thought
and then finally answered, "She married you."

"She married me? You hate her so much because she married me?" Vivie asked.
She'd kinda had that figured out. "Tawny, just because I'm married doesn't make
me any less your sister. Loving her doesn't take away any of my love for you.
So why are you so jealous?"

Tawny just shrugged.

Vivie sighed as she sat down next to her sister. "Your still really mad at me
for leaving aren't you?"

"I guess." Tawny replied with her arms crossed across her chest.

"I'm sorry, T. I now it must seem like I just keep leaving you behind. I
runaway, come back, go off to the academy, come back, get sent out on
assignment and come back married." Vivie turned to look at her baby sister
then, placing her hand on Tawny's leg. "But that's between you and me and it's
not fair of you to take it out on Alex."

Tawny went to say something but Vivie shook her head. "I don't want to hear it,
Tawny. This shit between you two, it's tearing me up. I can't stand the
fighting anymore." There were tears in her eyes.

At the sight of tears in Vivie's eyes, Tawny got pissed. "Look at what she's
doing, Viv! She's making you cry!"

Vivie shook her head. "Your both making me cry, Tawny, not just Alex, both of
you!"

Tawny didn't know how to reply to that.

"We're all going to work this out, Tawny. You and me, you and Alex, and until
we do your going to stop treating my wife like trash.. Do you hear me?"

Again Tawny didn't reply.

"I'm not playing, Tawny. The next time you say something mean and spiteful to
her or about her I swear to the heavens I'll bust you in the mouth."

Tawny went wide eyed. "You'd never hit me."

Vivie gave her a look that proved she wasn't playing. "Wanna try me? You keep
acting like a spoiled little bitch and I will do just what Mum would do."

Tawny laughed.

Vivie pulled her sister over her lap, flipped her short skirt up, and spanked
her. When she was through making her point she put the girl back on the couch
next to her and asked, "Do you still think I'm playing?"

Tawny shook her head.

"Do I have your full attention now?"

This time Tawny nodded.

"Good. Keep acting like a little bitch and I'll repeat that, only next time it
won't be for the shock value." Reaching out, Vivie drew her sister to her and
held her. "Do you remember what Grandmama use to say about being sisters?"

Tawny nodded.

"The lovers in your life may leave you, Children grow up, parents pass away,
The only ones who are there for you, From cradle to grave, are your sisters."
Vivie said softly.

The two of them sat silently for a while before Tawny asked, "Do you think that
before the baby comes you and me can do some stuff together that doesn't
involve you trying to be Mum."

Vivie laughed. "T, if I'd have been anything like Mum you'd be sobbing in the
corner and unable to sit." Then she looked down at her sister. "Even after the
baby comes, T, I promise I'll make time for us."

"Ok."

"T."

"Yeah?"

"Come to dinner and at least try with Alex.. Please?"

Tawny was quiet for a while. "We'll see."