<USS Eagle> "Time For Action" Part 1

  • From: Lukas <commolukasfyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 11:59:12 -0400

OFF

This takes place directly after the Eagle sim of 100623.  Taken directly from the SIM CHAT LOG of the Space Station Nigala sim.

ON

    Commander Haas looked to Moon. "All we need is some kind of sign from Nigala's crew."
    "Mr. Haas... Rommie," Moonshadow said, still trying to get a feel for the familiarity issue.  "we could insist on talking to the station supply officer... one look at my modules and he will KNOW we are ringers"
    "You can certainly give it a try," Haas agreed.  If she could even talk with the supply officer, maybe they could give some hint of what is going on. "We need, somehow to find out what Hirsch's people are up to."
    Moonshadows Stepped out of Talon.  She walked up to one of the Nigalan guards, her "modules" in one hand.  "Okay, Escort... where do I find the supply officer and get fresh modules?"
    "You don't," the guard sneered at her.  "You hand them to me, and I go get them."
    "Now tell me," the Slvaoan said to the guard, her ears back slightly,  "Do you know how to identify a Mk XXII thermothrockle from a Mk XXVI.... or whether a frammistan occilates?"
    The Nigalan guard regarded her with muchindignation.  "I don't need to know, Cat-lady.  All I do is show it to them.  You don't go anywhere."
    Haas noticed the ploy was not going to get the results in any quick time, so he walked over to the two, and looked the guard in the eyes.  "Time to eat."  He knew the guard would take that as they wanted to go to the promenade.
    "Why can't you eat on your ship?" the guard asked.
    "Field replicator food?" Mooshadows asked in her most disgusted voice.  She tried again not to cork-screw her tail in laughter.
    "Alright," the guard said with a sigh.  "Come on!"

    Un beknownst to the Eagle away team, a plan was definitely about to get underway.  Commodore Hirsch had gotten in touch, through his son Rylan Hirsch, Jr, with the bartender Dolon.  Dolon, a being still of some true mystery, has the ability to teleport from spot to spot.  Hirsch, knowing of this ability decided to use Dolon to get in touch with his department heads, because the Nigalans had cut the comm-badge system.  Good or bad, today was the day to act.
    Hirsch left his quarters with distinct instructions to his son to remain behind locked doors.  He made his way to the bar on the promenade.  Along the way, he passed his chief engineer, Lt. Commander Simon Trent, who was working on a console on the promenade.  Hirsch knew he could not stop to talk to the engineer, because the guards would automatically intervene.  As Hirsch passed, however, Trent started whistling a Dominion battle song, secretly letting Hirsch know that all things were in place on his end.
    Hirsch proceeded to the bar.  Entering he found not only Dolon, but Nadja DeChavalier, who was the owner of the bistro which was attached to the bar.  The bistro was now closed because Nadja not only had run out of food supplies with the closing of the wormhole, but she also suffered from memory loss when she was injured in the assination on the Nigalan president.
    "Dolon," Hirsch said, entering the bar.
    "You make it sound weird," Dolon was saying to Nadja.  He glanced over to the door.  "Speak of the Devil."
    Nadja DeChevalier jumped slightly at the voice.  She whirled around on her seat, staring at the station's deposed commander.  "Rylan!!"
    Hirsch noticed Nadja and Dolon together at the bar.  He walked right over to the both of them.
    "What can I do for ya?" Dolon asked from his laying position on the counter.
    Hirschlooked to Nadja, then back to Dolon.  "It's time for action."
    "Ugh, finally," Dolon Commented.  He teleported next to Hirsch.
    "First you need to get to Solik," Hirsch told the bartender, referring to the station's chief medical officer. "and get the anethizene containers into the arboretum."
    "Easy enough," Dolon commented.
    "Next get to the Eagle crew.  Tell them to warp in and beam in."
    "After that, get to Trent and tell him to activate whatever program he has rigged to disturb the grid.  Once the Nigalans are in the arboretum Solik can blow the containers."
    "A'ight," Dolon acknowledged, cracking his knuckles.
    "I don't suppose you have a Type-2 phaser," Hirsch asked Dolon.
    "Do I need one?"
    "No. I do." Hirsch told him.  "Nevermind.  I'll do without one for now." He glanced to Nadja whom had been quietly staring at Hirsch the entire time.  "I suggest you lock the doors and stay out of harm's way."
    "She can hide in the frig unit," Dolon commented.  "It'll keep her safe."
    Hirsch looked between the two.  He knew he had to get moving before the Nigalan guards came in looking specifically for him.  He had no intention of letting them find him. "Let's get going."  Hirsch exited the bar, and Dolon prepared for his first teleportation.

to be continued...