<USS Eagle> "Time For Action" Part 2

  • From: Lukas <commolukasfyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 14:16:35 -0400

Part 2

    Commander Haas and Ensign Moonshadows, followed closely by a Nigala "escort" stepped off the turbo lift to the promenade. As they made their way to one of the few places to eat still open, they passed Trent humming his tune.  nHaas stopped, and looked at Trent.  "Interesting tune."
    "Move on," the escort guard ordered.  "NO talking to the help."  He exchanged a glance with the guard who had been standing over Trent, obviously pleased with his put-down of the Starfleet officer.
    Lt. Commander Trent turned, and nodded slightly.  "It's from Earth, during the American Civil War... It's called the Battle Hymn of the Republic."  He glared at Haas's guard, then went back to humming.
    "I have heard a similar one," Haas commented to Trent.  "It's called 'When the Eagle Flies'."
    "I SAID MOVE ON!" the guard on the Eagle team ordered.  He leveled his weapon at them for emphasis.
    Trent nodded ever so softly, changing the tune to the one mentioned.  Haas smiled and moved away. "Good day, sir," he said to Simon.
    "Jolan'Tru," Trent replied with a smile of his own.
    Continuing through the promenade, Haas had the feeling Trent was not whistling those particular tunes for no reason.  It had to mean the station's crew was getting ready to move.  Only one sure way to find out.  He looked to the guard. "Can I stop in the bar? See if he has any more of that hooch?"
    Moonshadows had simply been following along.  In her mind she had been planning trajectories of pounces on Nigalans she was near, running her foursets of claws out and in. "You and your Hooch, Rommie... at least he had milk"  She Knew full well Mr Dolon had run out of milk.  It may be a chance to start something.  A little genteel dieembowling or an impromtu tracheotomuy.
    The two Eagle officer entered the bar.  Rommie glanced quickly around to Dolon ,but all he saw was the short-haired woman, Nadja.  She seemed a bit out of sorts.

    Meahwhile, Hirsch made his way back to his chief engineer.  Coming up behind Trent's guard, who had been preoccupied watching the Slvaoan walking away.  Hirsch brought his arm up and tried the Vulcan nerve pinch on the guard.  It had no effect.
    "Damn," Hirsch exclaimed. "I need Solik to teach me how to do that."
    Simon was to his feet immediately. "Oh you mean this," he reached his hand up to the distracted guard, and propely applied the maneuver which sent the guard in a heap.  They took the unconscious guard and stuffed him into one of the station's escape pods.  The door was locked down.
    "You'll get the word from Dolon," Hirsch told Trent. "Until then, continue to look busy, but.... we're on our way."
    Trent nodded slowly.  "The Trieste is ready, the powergrid is ready, just waiting for your say so."
    "We won't be needing the Trieste," Hirsch commented. "We're taking the whole damn thing back."
    Trent raises an eyebrow.  "I'm going to need somewhere to go after the grid goes down.  I've got two more guards down in engineering."

    Moonshadows took a seat at the bar, facing out at the guards.  She was pe4rched to leap.  Nadja walked around the bar counter, looking around beneath to see if Dolon had any other weapons stashed somewhere.  She looked at the strange company that just dropped in.  "Uhm... can I help you?"
    "Where is the bartender?" Haas asked of the woman.
    Nadja again, looked around, glancing at the guards, then Haas. "He went on a delivery. He'll be back soon."
    Moonshadows sat there WHiskers spread in feline grid. "Do you have a program for a bowl of Earth cow cream?"  She was Hoping Commander Haas would tell her to shed some blood soon.  Some Nigalan blodd that was.
    "A Delivery, hmmm," Haas uttered.  He could literally feel the tension coming from the woman.  He glanced to Moon.  "I think we should get back to work." He then glanced to Nadja.  "If the bartender has anymore of that hooch I had asked him about, we're in the main shuttle bay."
    Moonshadows Feigned disappointment. "No cream.... coming Rommie."
    "I will let him know," Nadja told Haas, with a nod.
    The pair from the Eagle, left the bar.  Moonshadows broke into a rythmic series of soft yowls and other catnoises, obvioulsy a song in the Old Tongue.
    Haas turned his head, slightly.  He quietly muttered, so only Moon could hear him with those ears of hers,  "I think it's going down."  Moonshadows took the tip of her prehinswile tail, she patted the chief engineer on the back twice in acknowledgement.

    Meanwhile, in the station's main operations center, a single console lights up, showing that an escape pod was accessed.  A quick investigation by the Nigalans reveals the unconscious guard lying on the floor of the pod.  The station is put on red alert.  An order goes out to check and accout for all the Fleeters.

To be continued...