<USS Eagle> Sim recap/log 080507 sim

  • From: Lukas <captfyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 11:07:41 -0400

Notes:

Leep an eye on the posts this week. There will be a little surprise for the shuttle  crew.  Other than that, don't forget what this Sunday is, and treat Mom right.

Recap:
"Pirates, Again"
Officers present: Commodore Fyrstk, Commander Haas,Dr. Hamza, Lt. Commander Matsu, Lt. Melody, A-Ensign Fyrstk
Absent: Commanders Marqusa (excused) and Lost, Lt. Fox
NPCs used: Lt. Commander Vanik (Haas)
Stardate:61410.86 (05/30/2384, 09:00 hours)

The Eagle remains in orbit of Federa II.  Commander Marqusa, still on the planet surface.  Commander Matsu expresses concerns to the captain over the fate of the pirates and possible ways to handle the situation.  The pirates attack again, and the Falcon is sent out to handle the situation.

End recap
--
CommoLukasFyrstk: ATTENTION ON DECK
RomnHaas: ::AA::
Malachi Styles: ::AA::
ltcmdyoshimatsu: ::AA::
ltjgmelody: ::AA::
CommoLukasFyrstk: Captain's log, stardate 61410.86 (05/30/2384, 09:00 hours)
CommoLukasFyrstk: Commander Marqusa is still on the surface of Federa II.  She
has gone down to tour the colony and to assure the governing body that
Starfleet and the Federation are here to protect them.
CommoLukasFyrstk: On that note, Lt. Commanders Matsu and Vanik have been
working on the pahrate problem.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [CSCI] COmmander Matsu?  Profress report?
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::on the bridge at the auzilary station::
*** holoremuslupin has left the chat.
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci>::Looks up at the captain looking like she hasn't gotten
much sleep.:: We are still working on the problem sir.
RomnHaas: Vanik: HELM> Part of the pronlem, sir is the area of space which
severly inhibits our own defenses and the fact the pirate base is pretty
heavily fortified.
*** holoremuslupin has joined the chat.
holoremuslupin: [finally!!!]
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> Would taking the Eagle in make things any easier?
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci> Negitive sir. That area of space would have the same
affect on the Eagle as it did the Falcon.
RomnHaas: Vanik: HELM> Add to that, the Eagle would not be able to negotiate in
there as well as the shuttles do.  We would lose any advantage of surprise.
ltcmdyoshimatsu: Csci> That area has a lot of space debris that makes it
difficult for a larger ship to nagivate
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> ::nods::  Fahnd a way, folks.  If we have to enlist some
of the primitive fliers from the other colonies, we will do it/
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci> Sir? May I speak to you in private?
RomnHaas: Vanik: HELM> ::Nods:: That actually sounds like a possobility.
holoremuslupin: Ratchet><CMO>::in sickbay::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> ::faises a brow:: [CSCI] of course commander.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> ::Heads for the ready room::
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci>::Stands and heads for the RR::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> :: Enters the RR, turns to Yoshi::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> A problem, Commander?
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci> Sir. Isn't there any other way to deal with this? I feel
really uncomfortable thinking the only way is to wipe out over three thousand
people.
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::looking at the auxulary console, thinking about last
night::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> ::raises a brow:: Wahpe them out?  Who said anything
about wahping them out?
ltjgmelody: CNS>::Exits her office and heads for the TL::Bridge.
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci> They are living in a dome on a hostile planet. If we
breach the dome I doubt many of them will survive.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> Ah never want to promote the wahping out of anyone,
Commander.  But, we do need to persuade them to stop their ways.
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci> I had an idea in the back of my mind that we might be
able to modify the replicators to work in their area so they wouldn't need to
raid other ships to get what they need. If indeed that is why they are doing it.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> ::nods:: Provahded that is whah they are doing it.
ltjgmelody: CNS>::Exits onto the bridge.:: ~Hi Mal~~
Malachi Styles: SCI> Hello, Beautiful.~~'
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci> We haven't attempted to communicate with them yet other
then when we engaged them. So maybe if we talked to them we could find out what
it is that is making them choose this life.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> ::Nods::  Then let's do it.  How do you propose we
proceed?
ltjgmelody: CNS>~~How are you feeling.~~ ::Sits in her chair.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> ::already knows what he would do::
Malachi Styles: SCI> ~~ Happy, yet... sad.~~
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci> The two options I can think of is to find one of thier
ships that is out and about then request a meeting with their leaders or we can
send a message probe directly to them.
RomnHaas: CENG> ::working on filters for the shuttles engines for the soupy
area of space::
ltjgmelody: CNS>~~ I know. I'm feeling simillar feelings.~~
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> Which do you think would be more effective?
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci> I would try both sir. I don't believe they know we know
where they are. So finding one of their ships would be the best first course of
action.
Malachi Styles: SCI>~~ I do not really want to go.~~
ltjgmelody: CNS>~~But you need to, my love, if a career in Starfleet is what
you want with your life.~~
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> :: nods:: The problem has been yours to solve.  Proceed
as you see fit.
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci> Aye sir. I just wanted to let you know of my concerns.
Malachi Styles: SCI> :: audubly sighs:: ~~I realize that.~~
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> Well vaholence is always mah last option, Commander.  Ah
would hope you would know that bah now about me.
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci> ::Smiles slightly:: Hai sir. I know.
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci> Permission to get back to work sir.
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION:  OPS picks up a distress call from a ship, under
attack by one of the pirate ships.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> Permission grtanted.
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci> ::Exits the RR and heads back to her console.::
RomnHaas: Vanik: HELM> ::gets the coordinates from the OPS officer::
ltjgmelody: CNS>~~ You know I'd gladly join you if it was possiable.~~
RomnHaas: Vanik: HELM> We have another pirate arrack.
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci> Set an intercept course Mr Vanik.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> ::exiting the ready room::  Take the Falcon, Mr. Vanik.
Commander Matsu, here is your chance.
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci> ::Smirks:: Looks like it's you and me again Mr Vanik.
RomnHaas: Vanik: HELM> ::already heading for the TL::
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci>::Follows.::
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci>::Waits for the TL doors to close.:: We're going to try
diplomacy first.
Malachi Styles: SCI> :: pointing long range sensors towards the ship in
distress:: ~~ You are needed here, and have already done your time at the
Academy~~
RomnHaas: Vanik: HELM> :: smiles:: Gonna ruin all my fun, eh?
ltjgmelody: CNS>~~And I'd go through it all again if I could be with you. But
you are right. I do have my job here where people need me.~~
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci> You can still come up with plans incase it doesn't work.
Malachi Styles: SCI> [CO] It is another transport, sir.  It will take the
Falcon 15 minutes at their maximum warp.
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci>::Exits the TL and heads for the Falcon.:: When we get
there we are just going to extend our shields around the ship and hail the
pirates. Ok?
RomnHaas: Vanik: HELM> ::Nudges her just befor exiting the lift:: You know I am
only kidding,  Diplomacy first, always.
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci>::Smiles:: I know...On the way we can discuss if there is
anyway for you to repeal your oath...::grins.::
RomnHaas: Vanik: HELM> ::enters the Falcon and moves to the helm control::
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci>::Sits at Ops.::
RomnHaas: Vanik: HELM> :: smiles at Yoshi's suggestion::
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION: The Falcon is cleared for take off::
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci> Get us there max warp please Mr Vanik.
RomnHaas: @Vanik: HELM> ::takes the Falcon out and away from the Eagle.  Goes
to max warp when out of Federa II's influence::
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION: The Falcon tracels 15 minutes and arrives at the
distress site.  The pirate ship is firing on the freighter::
ltcmdyoshimatsu: @ CSci>Ok Mr Vanik. Use your exelent piloting skills and get
us between the freighter and the pirates. I'll extend our sheilds around the
freighter.
RomnHaas: @Vanik: HELM> ::drops the Falcon out of warp.  moves to intercept the
pirate ship::
RomnHaas: @Vanik: HELM> I;ll get us there. You warn them off.
holoremuslupin: Ratchet><CMO>::in sickbay:: ^_^
ltcmdyoshimatsu: @ CSci>Shall I fire a warning shot?
RomnHaas: @Vanik: HELM> ::moves the Falcon into position while the pirate ship
is coming around for another run.::
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci>::Fires a warning shot across the bow and hails the
Pirate ship.::
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci> This is Lt Commander Yoshi Matsu of the USS Eagle. I
request you stand down your attack.
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION:  The pirate ship fires on the Falcon, strking the
shields::
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci>::Extends the shields around the freighter.:: Direct hit.
No damage.
RomnHaas: @Vanik: HELM>  I am holding above the freighter.
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci>::Hails again:: Your weapons are ineffective against our
defenses. I do not want to have to disable your ship. Please respond.
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION:  The pirate ship fires again::
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci>::Looks at Vanik:: Some people never learn.::Retuns fire
targeting thier weapons and engines.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION: The pirate ship veers off and flees::
ltcmdyoshimatsu: CSci>::Tags them with the tractor beam::
CommoLukasFyrstk: PAUSE SiM