[ussbansheec] Thirteen Years

  • From: Andy Maluhia <CaptainAndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ussbansheec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 19:33:27 -0400

****Warning, adult themes involved

As she stepped into her quarters, the first thing Coaimhe caught sight of were the flowers Etienne had given her, now in a vase of water. Thirteen roses and she stuck her nose into their midst. /One for each year/. They smelled so heavenly and were so beautiful. The petals were so soft, as soft as his touch on her cheek.

Thirteen years of studying in the library or in their quad. Of watching football games together. Of keeping in touch when their semesters in space finally separated the quad. Thirteen years and the other 'brats' were still her closest friends. She wondered herself just when it was that she would flush just thinking about the most serious member of their quad. Or when she knew she enjoyed his presence more than any other man's, even if it something as simple as a cup of coffee or a walk through the woods. When she admitted that, while David and Etienne were both rather handsome, she preferred Etienne's dark eyes and warm smile to David's.

But it had been thirteen years and she supposed he wasn't interested in her in that way, that she was just a dear friend. She told herself that she could learn to live with it, if he eventually found a woman to love, one who wasn't her.

"Je t'aime, Coaimhe." His fingers, a bit rougher than hers as they rested on her chin. "Since that day you sat next to me in the library."

She went to her closet. "Tonight, dinner will be just you and I." Which was nothing new. Over the course of thirteen years, they'd shared meals together but Coaimhe knew this was different. Her hands went to a light violet dress, one with no sleeves and a full skirt that reached to mid-calf.

"It will do perfectly."

She wasn't startled at the sound of T'Cerys' voice. Friends since childhood, she was used to her Vulcan friend's silent entrances. T'Cerys, taller than her, rested her hands on her shoulders and looked at her in the mirror. She knew Coaimhe wouldn't be angry at her for entering the room without permission. It was the nature of their friendship. Coaimhe knew she'd never intrude.

Coaimhe saw the twinkle in her eyes and the slight smile on the otherwise placid face.

"He will be pleased, Coaimhe," she said warmly.

"He told you?" Coaimhe asked , her eyes wide as she turned around.

"Not quite. Etienne told David that he would be having a guest and then I see you with that look on your face. Logic dictated the conclusion," T'Cerys explained.

"And do you know about..."

"I do as do David and Etienne. I should think that Etienne speaking his mind after thirteen years should prove to be a pleasant diversion for all of us," T'Cerys stated.

"Are you alright?" Coaimhe asked.  "And don't give me that logic nonsense."

"I will be," T'Cerys said simply. "I stopped in to tell you that this situation pleases me, Coaimhe. We all know that Etienne is a good man and a good friend but I also know that he will be good for you and you for him."

Coaimhe smiled, taking her friend's hands. "Thirteen years, T'Cerys. He's been carrying a torch for me for thirteen years."

"Then I imagine that I should not delay you from seeing him. We will speak later," T'Cerys said, squeezing her hand slightly before she left.

Coaimhe wished they had water showers or baths aboard. The sort of getting ready that she was doing just about begged for a bath. With bubbles. She made do, though, humming an old Ninitchik love song as she did. The light violet silk of her dress was whisper soft against her skin. It clung to her body just where it ought to have. The shoes she wore barely added to her height and she decided against jewelry. The only adornment she had was the silver pin holding back her hair from her face.

Etienne fairly leapt at the door when it chimed. When he saw Coaimhe, every line he planned on using seemed completely inadequate. "You look absolutely beautiful," he said simply, lifting her hand to his lips as he drew her inside.

"Thank you," Coaimhe said softly, feeling her face warm again. She looked up at him. He'd changed to shades of gray coupled with a deep garnet colored shirt. She raised her hand to rest it on his chest, feeling hard muscles under the fine linen.

"I made dinner but I...you know, I am very wound up right now. I have a bottle of the family's finest, would you like a glass?" Etienne asked, still not willing to release her hand.

"Please," Coaimhe said, smiling up at him. She touched his cheek then, brushing it with the back of her hand. You've had the other news?"

Etienne nodded as he led her to the sofa. Sitting next to her, he poured them each a glass of Chateau Aigremont. Holding his glass in both hands, his voice was grave and his face darkened. "I heard. I only hope to Heaven that we are back before we are missed and we /will/ be back. Anything else...it would hurt my parents,all of our parents, so badly."

"I like your parents. It's cute the way they adore each other," Coaimhe stated, smiling sweetly. "My dad will be very pleased to see me with you. You know he says Scott and me might not even exist without him believing in Mum and Daddy."

Etienne took a sip of the wine, one of the finest whites, then simply leaned to kiss her on the temple. "Oh yes, he loves to tell it and I am very glad it happened. Je t'adore, Coaimhe. I have loved you for so very long."

Coaimhe put her glass down then settled her arms around his neck. She kissed him softly then more insistently as he wrapped his arms around her, on hand entangling itself in her hair and the other caressing the length of her back. He tastes so good, she thought. Their tongues intertwined. The kiss deepened then she gasped aloud as Etienne's hand brushed her breast.

"Shall I stop, mon bijou?" Etienne murmured, his voice warm against her ear, even as he allowed his thumb to toy with the nipple that was pressing through the silk of her dress.

"No!" she gasped breathlessly. He was kissing the length of her neck from ear to collar bone. "Make love to me, Etienne." He lifted his head from kissing her, his dark eyes asking the question 'are you sure' as they looked into her emerald ones. "Make love to me, Etienne Aigremont. I want you."

"Je t'adore, Coaimhe. Tu es le bijou de ma vie," Etienne told her. Dinner would wait. This thing that he'd wanted for so long was so worth taking his time with. Coaimhe's eyes were half closed with pleasure as she let Etienne kiss his way to her shoulders. She sat up to make it easier for him to unzip her dress. "God in heaven, you're beautiful," he whispered as he pulled her to her feet and the dress dropped to the floor.

Coaimhe felt herself carried into his bedroom, deliciously happy in his arms. He laid her on the bed then began to undress as she watched with appreciative eyes. She'd seen him mostly undressed before but never so completely. Good Lord, he's...beautiful. He's just...beautiful., she thought as he slowly removed the rest of her undergarments, kissing and caressing every inch of her as he did. It was clear, in his every word, in his every caress, that he adored her and she wondered if that was how a goddess felt when she was being worshiped. Over and over again, he told her how beautiful she was, how he loved and adored her, as he pleasured her. Even the brief pain as he entered her was nothing when she thought of the sheer joy ignited by his adoration.

Later, when their passions were finally sated and they could both finally think, Coaimhe lay cuddled against Etienne's chest. He kissed her softly. "You know, this was not what I had planned, mon bijou," he said as he stroked her hair and bare shoulder.

"I know, but I'm so glad," Coaimhe replied with a little giggle.

"I ...ah, did I hurt you, Coaimhe? I wanted this to be so special, for it to be beautiful for you," he said hesitantly. He hadn't know he would be his first and that fact pleased him. It wasn't because he'd be the man to take the prize but because she loved him so much that she allowed him to be the first.

"No," she said a bit shyly as she snuggled further into his embrace. "It was wonderful, Etienne. You're wonderful."