[USS Athena] Time for Attack"

  • From: "Svonn of Vulcan" <svonn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ussathena@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:42:16 -0400

On

"Botra Sohan," came the voice of Sub-bitra tohen.  "Four small vessels have departed form the Athena."

"Are the headed this way?" Sub -Botra Airhn asked.

"No, Sub-Botra," replied the sensors officer.  "They jumped to hyper light and disappeared from view.  Projected copurse would be the Roushan System."

"The rebel base," Airhn said suddenly.  He swiveled his head towards the commanding officer.  "Do you think they will attack the fleet?"

"It is a possiblity," Sohan said thoughtfully.  "These Federation ilk seem to like to stick their facial appendages in where they don't belong.  Show me what information you have on those four ships."

"At once, Botra," tohen responded.  He transferred the images he had gotten from the sensor readings to the Botra's console.  Sub-Botra Airhn slid over to his commanding officer's side to look at the screen as well.

"Give me a size comparison," snarled Sohan.  Tohen sent an image of the
En'Ssoohan to the screen as a size comparison to the four Federation ships.

"They look rater small, Botra," said Airhn.  "Surely they cannot pose a threat to our fleet."

"I don't like the look of these three," Sohan said, indicating the three green ships.  "And why do the look so different from the fourth one?"

"Should we warn the fleet?"

"We should," Sohan said,"But to do so may give away our position and any chance of surprising the Athena. Surely, even if they are on their way to help the rebels, they will not get there before we deal with their mother-ship.  We will inform the fleet of their impending arrival at that time."

"Affirmed, botra," Airhn snapped out smartly.

"It is time," Sohan said more loudly.  "Have the other two ships commence an attack run on the Federation ship."

On board the USS Athena, Lt. Svonn sat in the command chair.  The four shuttle had jumped to warp two minutes ago and were, undoubtedly (hopefully), under cloak by now.  Svonn couldn't help but wonder if he did the right thing.  Would the runabout and assault shuttles be able to help the rebel forces.  All four ships had better weaponry than the Enclave ships, but would their sheer size, being much smaller than the Enclave ships, be a hindrance?

"Captain," came the calm voice of Arrain Takaram from the tactical console.  "Three Enclave ships have appeared on sensors.  They are headed this way and will be upon us in two minutes."

Off
Lt Svonn
Acting Commanding Officer

Arrain Takaram