[USS Athena] "Cloaking"

  • From: "ch'Ren Takela" <TakelachRen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ussathena@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 11:39:57 -0500

:ON:

     As the four ships jumped to warp, Jhu'Rhiana spoke into the comm link.  "Lt.  It would be best if we formed a triangle around your ship to effectively cloak you."
     Railinton never would have thought about that.  She didn't have much experience with cloaks.  Besides, she would have preferred to take point.  However.  Under this situation, being able to cloak was the most logical choice.
     "Good thinking Erein.  You take point, I'll come up behind you."  She wished she knew the other Romulan's names.  However, she would just have to make due with letting Jhu'Rhiana deal with them.  They would probably take orders from a fellow Romulan then from a Starfleet Officer.
     "Hann'yyo, sir," the young Romulan responded.  "Our speeds and course will have to be matched precisely, or we could burn out the cloak generators."
     "Acknowledged.  How close do we need to be?"
     "The shuttles should be no further apart than 20, meters," Jhu'Rhiana informed her.  "I have already programmed my onboard computer to match-up with the other two shuttles, sir."
     Railinton wondered if the Federation shuttle could match-up with the Romulan shuttles.  20 meters did not leave much room to spare.
     "Let's match-up my shuttle with yours as well."
     "Ie, sir," Jhu'Rhiana acknowledged.  She tapped a command into her console. "Linking up now, Lieutenant."
     On her command all four shuttles matched course and speed exactly.  Jhu'Rhiana touched another control.  "Cloaking the ships now, sir."
     No sooner has she said that than all four ships shimmered from existence.  "Cloaking successful, Lieutenant.  They will not see our arrival now."
     "Very good Erein.  I could get used to this cloaking.  It makes scouting things much easier without showing our hand.
     "Let's get this mission underway."
     "Ie, sir," Jhu'Rhiana again acknowledged.  "At this velocity we will arrive in 90 of you Federation minutes, sir."
     "Acknowledged."

:OFF:

Lt. Kathryn Railinton
NPC by Tak