[USS Athena] "And They're off"

  • From: Noah <EnsNoahFyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ussathena@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:51:21 -0400

ON =/\=

A young Romulan woman walked up to Railinton and snapped to attention.  "We are ready to follow your lead, sir."  Her eyes did not meet Railinton's for the would be disrespectful. The other Romulan pilots fell in alongside her.

Railinton looked at the young Romulan, trying to gauge the officers age.  She didn't appear to be very old.  But then, she herself didn't appear to be very old.

"That's good to know Erein."  Her first impression was that there was something that the Romulan was hiding.  But then she realized that it would be taken as a form of challenge to authority to look straight into a superior's eyes.  She handed the pilot the flight plan she had prepared.  "We should get going on this mission.  There will be time for introductions later.  This is the plan that we will take to reach the colony.  Also listed, are plans of escape, should it come to that.   I know running is something that is frowned upon in your culture.  But right now we have such limited resources, we are unable to loss any needlessly.  I expect my orders to be obeyed as if they came from Arrain Takaram.  You may not trust me.  But you will obey me.  Are there any questions or concerns that you have erein?"

"There are none, sir," JhuRhiana replied.  "Our orders are to follow your lead and that is what shall be done."  She remained rigid and looking straight ahead.

"Good.  Be prepared to depart in 2 minutes.  Dismissed erein."  With that Railinton turned and entered her shuttle.

If the Romulans felt any disdain for the Starfleet officer, they did not show it.  JhuRhiana informed the other pilots she would relay the flight plan as soon as she was in her shuttle.  They all went to their respective shuttles and powered them up.

JhuRhiana relayed the information on the PADD to the other assault shuttles.  She then opened the comm channel, specified,  between the shuttles.  "Erein JhuRhiana reporting ready, sir."

The other shuttle pilots reported in directly after her.

Railinton, replied over the comm, "Then lets go."  With that she lifted off the deck and headed out of the shuttle bay.

Galatia, Rhaetia, and Baetica all lifted off in turn, and followed the Federation runabout out of the hangar deck.  As they cleared Athena's protective shields they banked and formed up with Railinton's ship.  JhuRhiana looked one more time at the Athena before they jumped to warp.  It wasn't as elegent as a warbird, but it wasn't all that bad looking either.  No matter what, it was home.

OFF =/\=
Lt. Kathryn Railinton
NPC by Tak

JhuRhiana t'Fyrs'tk