[USS Athena] Ready Rom, CMO's Response

  • From: Noah <EnsNoahFyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ussathena@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 09:50:31 -0500

On=/\=

Noah wasn't waiting for anyone else to speak up.  The captain asked for opinions and there was one thing Noah had a lot of... opinions.

"Ah don't see as there is a lot of choice, Captain," he said to Svonn.  "Ah think we have to help these people.  They are not a pre-warp civilization so does the Prahme Directive applah here?  Ah don't b'lieve so.  The Enclave has to be stopped."

Meanwhile...

Itor and Gersin were escorted to the quarters that had been supplied for the family.  Once inside and out of earshot of the Starfleet officers Gersin turned on his father.

"Why did they send us away, father?" the teenager demanded.  "Why talk in private?  This is our lives they're discussing!  Shouldn't we be there?"

"Calm yourself, Gersin," Itor warned.  "This is still their ship.  I believe the captain wanted to discuss with his crew exactly what teir plan of operation would be.  It's what I would do in their place."

"And how can the Enclave NOT see this ship, father??  It is easily larger than their own.  WE spotted it easy enough."

"Much like the technology that brought us aboard this ship," came the softer voice of Engra as she entered the room from one of he suite's bedrooms.  "They may have other technology that can enable their ship to be hidden in plain sight."

"You are quite right, my dear," Itor said giving his wife a hug and small kiss.  "How are the younger ones?"

"The twins are already asleep," Engra said softly.  "Endira is another matter altogether.  She s quite restless."

"Just like her mother was in her youth, eh?" Itor asked playfully.

"I'm afraid so," Engra responded.  "What has happened?"

Itor led his wife of almost twenty yarin to the sofa.  He and Gersin filled her in on the briefing in the captain's ready room.

OFF=/\=
Dr. Noah Fyrstk
Chief Medical Officer
USS Athena