[USS Athena] Ready Rom (continued)

  • From: "Svonn of Vulcan" <svonn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ussathena@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 23:52:29 -0500

ON

The briefing went on for another half hour as Itor described the Enclave strengths.  Svonn would occasionally glance around the table to gauge his officer's reactions.  The briefing was suddenly interrupted by the comm.

"Lt. Railinton to Lt Svonn,"  came the voice of the officer left in charge of the bridge.

"Proceed, Lieutenant," Svonn said evenly.  The two guests were looking around the ready room to see where the voice had come from.

"Sir, the first Enclave ship has been destroyed."

"By what or whom, Lieutenant," Svonn asked.

"By their superiors," Takaram said just loud enough for all to hear.  Everyone in the room turned to look at him.

"Lt. Takaram is correct, sir," Railinton confirmed.  He was't a real good judge of inflections in people's voices, but he thought he detected a note of.. resentment, maybe, in the bridge officer's voice as she had said the Romulan's name.  "The ship was destroyed by the incoming Enclave ship."

"It is the price of falure," Takaram simply stated.  Svonn could see Dr. Fyrstk starting to protest so he headed off any argument.

"Is there any sign the incoming Enclave ships have detected us, Lieutenant Railinton," Svonn asked.

"Negative, captain.  They are searching the area, but there is no indication they know we are here."

"How is this possible," Itor asked.  "Plainly we are here.  How can they not see..."

"Maintain current course and speed, Lieutenant," Svonn ordered the bridge officer.  "Also have two security people come to the ready room to escort our guests to their quarters."

"Aye, sir."

"Sir," Svonn said loking to Itor.  "I am going to have two offficers escort you to the rest of your family.  I would like some time to discuss the mater with my officers in private."

"Of course, Captain," Itor replied.  Gersin was about to protest but he was quieted quickly by his father's grip on his arm.  "Thank you for your help."

The two aliens were escorted from the bridge.  As the ready room doors closed once again, Svonn looked to he senior officers.

"I am ready to hear your opinions."

OFF
Lt. Svonn
Acting Commanding Officer

Lt. Takaram
Tactical officer/Romulan commanding officer

USS Athena