[Umpqua Birds] Re: Funny looking hawk

  • From: Elva Paulson <epaulson007@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Umpqua Birds Birds <umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 21:36:42 -0600

Yes, Beth,

We’ve seen a splotchy redtail near that fire station. It was several weeks
ago. I can’t remember quite what he looked like but that it has white feathers
where they shouldn’t be. I think Bob and Jeannie may have seen it a year ago.
Perhaps they’ll check in.

Elva

On Apr 8, 2015, at 10:36 PM, Beth Brown <birdbrainbrown@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Last week, driving on Garden Valley out near the fire station, I saw a
strange looking hawk. It had a red tail and was the size of a Redtailed Hawk,
however it had lots of splotches of white feathers. Could it have been a
leucistic Redtail hawk? Has anyone else seen this bird out in Garden Valley?

Beth Brown

Sent from my iPad
To send a message to the list: address email to umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Account management and archives: www.umpquabirds.org/emaillist.htm