[UHNA] Re: Duke Energy's "beautification" of our side walks

  • From: Lilly Burdsall <burd2@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 19:20:13 -0400

--- University Hights Neighborhood Association - NET Message ---------------

Thanks for the info from your side of the world :) Rob.
I think we would all be being very naive if we just assume the city & utility companies are going to come in here and put everything back the way it was without a LOT of nagging/encouragement/involvement from we property owners. Unfortunately, on my block that will be difficult, since it is mostly rental properties and those owners do not seem to care one bit about what their property looks like--ever.
L Burdsall
621 Probasco St.

On Sep 20, 2007, at 6:13 PM, neelr4@xxxxxxxx wrote:

--- University Hights Neighborhood Association - NET Message ---------------

As a side note from Clifton Heights, they finished the gas line work on our street back in August (August 8th for in front of our house). Now on September 20th, I still have black asphalt where my sidewalk used to be. My entire street is also still pockmarked with asphalt.

The asphalt is just the temporary fix from the guys doing the work for THIS contracted company. But I would encourage everyone to contact Duke Energy and get them to commit to dates. Otherwise, you will look like my street, Klotter (formally known as the prettiest street and sidewalks in Clifton Heights).

Good luck in University Heights.  You guys work well together.

Rob Neel
251 Klotter
Click to become a master chef, own a restaurant and make millions.
http://3rdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2111/fc/ Ioyw6iifUM8CYYINY5KQUrPeERrv1c65s7wr88NiiBga7A3TkvzGPZ/