[UHNA] Re: Duke Energy's "beautification" of our side walks

  • From: Kemper Bjorn <bjorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 09:06:44 -0400

Yes, seems to be a temporary fix, but should be the general approach doing it that way from what I hear.

Bjorn

On Sep 20, 2007, at 8:48 AM, Lilly Burdsall wrote:

--- University Hights Neighborhood Association - NET Message ---------------

Do you know if they are only doing the temporary fill on Riddle, then? I live on Probasco.

L.Burdsall
On Sep 20, 2007, at 1:37 AM, bettinaschmid@xxxxxxxx wrote:

--- University Hights Neighborhood Association - NET Message ---------------

Hi Bjorn, this is Bettina writing. Don't worry, this is just a temporary thing, we talked with them, and they just did it to have something over the holes because we have the block party coming up. In due time, so they said, they will remove the black top and the sand in the respective holes and pour real concrete slaps, fill top soil in the street grass strips and make everything pretty again. They are really nice and assured us that they try to make everything the way it was. And they really did a great job NOT having to dig into our front yards to put the new gas lines in. So all's well. Greetings, Bettina