[uae] Re: native libraries for uae

  • From: Martin Steigerwald <Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 12:43:36 +0200

Am Samstag 31 März 2007 schrieb Jochen Becher:
>  Hi,
>
> when we made AmigaXL (uae for qnx) at Haage&Partner we invented a
> concept of "native libraries": An Amiga library called some functions
> (NATIVE_CallFunction, NATIVE_CallFunctionAsync, NATIVE_WaitFunction) to
> communicate with some native shared objects (via uae). This allowed us
> to add features without changing the source of uae (like AHI, serial,
> parallel, printer driver). This doesn't help with running games but is
> useful if you use uae for your "real" work.
>
> Is there enough interest in those things that I should re-implement
> this concept?

Hi Jochen!

I find this pretty interesting ;-).

I would also like to find a way to make it a bit easier to bootstrap
E-UAE. I already started with a ruby script that copies some files from
AmigaOS 3.9 CD in order to enable E-UAE to boot from the AmigaOS 3.9 to
do a regular AmigaOS 3.9 installation.

It basically copies the emergency disk and adapts it a bit.

Unfortunately E-UAE crashed on trying to boot the CD. I want to try this
with a more recent version. Unfortunately it is difficult for me to take
time for that.

Regards,